Priceline Hotel: San Juan pre & post cruise hotel needed - Dec

ttvtravel
By ttvtravel,
in

Hi all,

We have never been to SJ before, and need help bidding for hotels 3.5* or above for 12/1-12/4 and 12/11-12/15. I have saw that there are 5 rebid zone, but not clear where they are. Please help with bidding strategy. Thanks.

First, link from here to PRICELINE via the link in the upper right hand corner. For San Juan, you can just fill in the airport designation (SJU) rather than typing in the whole city name. You will see the various bidding areas scattered all over the map. When you select one of the areas, you will see which star levels you can bid for that area. After you've experimented with this a little, spend some time with this:

Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

I'd suggest that when you think you know which areas are free rebid areas, you post the list back here to double-check your understanding. It is important to actually understand how to do the determination, since you need to do it just before bidding (in case something has changed very recently).

Romelle

ttvtravel

Please follow-up your previous previous threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stays and reply to this thread, we'll then further help you with your San Juan stay(s).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

(Romelle & thereuare - thx for the prompt the info)

I followed your instructions and would like to double check these before bidding

1) for 4*, and resorts in San Juan, I can have 6 re-bidding zones, 1 -> 6

2) I'll need to separate bigs: 12/1 to 12/4 then 12/11 to 12/15 (pre & post- cruise)

3) I'd like to spend < $100 per night, is it doable OR should I include 3.5* as well?

4) What would be my initial bid?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

• 2 weeks later...
(Romelle & thereuare - thx for the prompt the info)

I followed your instructions and would like to double check these before bidding

1) for 4*, and resorts in San Juan, I can have 6 re-bidding zones, 1 -> 6

2) I'll need to separate bigs: 12/1 to 12/4 then 12/11 to 12/15 (pre & post- cruise)

3) I'd like to spend < $100 per night, is it doable OR should I include 3.5* as well?

4) What would be my initial bid?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

did you end up getting the room? If so I am interested ... I was in a similar situation and bidded $82 for rio grande resort and won with gran melia ... it was really nice. and I preferred it to staying in san juan ... were you on the celebrity summit cruise?

did you end up getting the room? If so I am interested ... I was in a similar situation and bidded $82 for rio grande resort and won with gran melia ... it was really nice. and I preferred it to staying in san juan ... were you on the celebrity summit cruise?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Thank you for posting the review of your stay. It would be greatly appreciated if you could also post the details of your win in the country forum. Thanks.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]