Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Myers-Naples (Naples) Naples Bay Resort

janinedg
By janinedg,
in

Using your PRICELINE link I got the Naples Bay Resort (which I was hoping to get) at $106 ($126 with taxes and fees). This was about a 40% discount from the base room on the hotel's website. This is good considering it's season and a Saturday night stay.

I started bidding at $75 and kept on increasing adding other zones such as i-75 that I knew didn't have 4* hotels so I could rebid within 24 hours. Last bid before winning bid was $100, which was not accepted. When I was at $95 I was actually offered a rebid at $125, but did not take up that offer, and ultimately got it cheaper.

The title of the property is "NAPLES BAY RESORT "

When checking this property's website they state there is

a daily Resort Fee but I could not find anywhere on the

website what that fee might be...

I emailed Priceline for confirmation that there are no

RESORTS in the Naples Zone, and that this property

IS contracted as a 4* and not a resort and would breach

their contract if they charged a Daily Resort Fee. So

far the reply has been to provide the standard fine print

that indicates once bid... no refunds, etc...

I clearly understand the bidding process and that if

I was bidding on a 4* and a Resort was also available

in that zone, I might be upgraded to the resort, but

that is clearly not the case here.

Any guidance would be appreciated as once you arrive

and the hotel asks for the Credit Card, if this isn't

resolved beforehand, we're stuck.

...and that this property

IS contracted as a 4* and not a resort and would breach

their contract if they charged a Daily Resort Fee

Resort fees are not only intrinsic to resort rated properties... many hotels at all star levels are beginning to charge resort fees and there is nothing in PRICELINE's terms which states that only resort rated hotels are subject to a resort fee.

I believe the resort fee is $20/nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keoni, I've received a few 4*'s through priceline that had resort fees. $20 is not bad at naples bay, because I believe this includes parking as well. you really got a killer deal on your 3 night stay, even with the extra $20 a night.

You both have missed the point. The purpose of this trip means I will spend most of my time AWAY from the hotel. I was seeking a

property in the downtown area for a central location and 4*'s to increase the chance of getting a good quality property.

The URL for this CONDOMINIUM R E S O R T is www.naplesbayRESORT.com.

The title on the main hotel website is NAPLES BAY RESORT. When you click on the website tab "about us" the first sentence begins:

Naples

I understood the point, but even Shakespeare said "What's in a name?" :)

There are 2* and 3* rated hotels which have the word Resort in their name and i don't think that these should be placed in the Resort category simply because of this. I don't think a Best Western or a La Quinta Inn, with Resort in their name, should be placed in the Resort category simply because they have the word Resort in their name.

You could make the argument that they should be placed in the Resort category if they charge a resort fee, but there are plenty of budget hotels (the Disney area comes to mind immediately) which charge resort fees to cover things like shuttle to park, parking, etc. but certainly don't qualify as resorts (in my mind). The line is less clear since the property you received above is 4* rated... but what if it wasn't that nice and was only worthy of a 2* or 3* rating and charged a resort fee... where should it be categorized then?

I do understand where you're coming from, and i've always stated my position that hotels should have to include any mandatory fees in the hotel price (regardless of whether the hotel is booked thru 'opaque' or 'non-opaque' means), but currently they're not required to do so, which is what leads to the situation above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]