Priceline Hotel: 3* Oahu (Waikiki City Central) Ohana East

integlspwr
By integlspwr,
in

Bidded up to $62 using ALL rebid zones and no bid accepted from Priceline.

Started with a 4* hotel and then went down to a 3.5 star with the last rebid zone.

Will try again tomorrow.

When lowering your star level, sign off Priceline and back completely out, and then come back in and sign on again. This way you will have a new start and can again make multiple bids while adding zones.

Do make sure the rebid zones you use are either ones you actually want, or are free at that star level.

You didn't mention which islands or Hawaiian cities you were bidding?

Good luck.

Romelle

I am using ihilani and northshore as a rebid zone because of the pricing i am bidding, i am sure they will not give me those zones.
Use this strategy with caution... while not referring to this particular area, users employing such a strategy are often surprised at just how low of a price they 'win' a hotel in zones they previously though they were bidding too low to receive.

Keep us updated on your bidding and let us know if we can be of any help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best Hotwire 3* for your dates is $79. While there aren't any 3* wins for your dates in the Calendar of Wins, there is one on Nov 17 for $60. Hawaii (Kona) Royal Kona Resort. My guess is it simply is going to take a higher bid to be successful.

Even 20% off Hotwire is still $61 and a bit. While Hotwire tends to be a little higher, it probably isn't that far off.

Are you getting any counter-offers as you bid? That can be a sign you are getting closer.

Romelle

Great deal on nice hotel!

We stayed at this hotel in July thru Priceline bidding. The hotel is a little dated like a lot of hotels in Waikiki. We enjoyed our stay very much and had no complaints. I think you get good value for you buck. The pool is nice size, although we never used it. As I recall the hot tub was on the cool side. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would request to be on one of the upper floors, as the rooms see to be a little nicer. We had no trouble getting two beds. We were charged no resort fee. You have to take an escalator up to the lobby, which is a little unusual. The central location is great, not too far from beach, near Subway, Burger King and other places to eat, and King's Village (shopping). There is a grocery store not too far away. This Ohana hotel is the nicest of the Ohana chain. I would stay here again. Cheeseburger In Paradise is not too far away and we never miss eating there. Aloha :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]