Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial District) Omni Parker

frugalnotcheap
By frugalnotcheap,
in

Used BetterBidding.com link...

Selected Copley 4*, bid $75 - rejected

Added Quincy Market, bid $80 - rejected

Added Fenway, bid $85 - rejected

Added N. Cambridge, bid $90 -- accepted!

Sounds like a great property. Only concern is I will call and ask for two double beds, but it sounds like they may pull the "pay us extra" from some TripAdvisor reviews (and the rooms are already a bit on the small size).

But can't beat the price for the location!

Congrats on your success. :)

This is an older property (I believe it's one of the longest continually running hotels in the US, so it certainly has a neat history) and rooms are small; if you do need two doubles, I'd call to request that in advance and they may charge an upgrade fee.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

"Upgrade" fees are lame -- why is a room with two double beds (which cost the same as a king or queen or double at this hotel) an upgrade? This reminds me of some places making you pay for a non-smoking room when non-smoking rooms are readily available. The key is -- if a room (two beds or a king or queen) is available at the time of check-in, why does it cost more? This defeats the purpose of even including certain hotels. I'd rather have the three star hotel that doesn't do this crap compared to the four-star that does. I guess it's a Priceline issue, not yours. But you must be able to tell some hotels that they will be noted for this crap on TripAdvisor? I thought the discrimination against priceline was long gone, but I guess it lives (understanding Hotwire says a double bed is NOT a double occupancy room).

It will be interesting to see what the Omni says/does....

Called the hotel. They were nice about it, but they said Priceline bids automatically are given the lowest room option -- in this case a room with one single full-size bed. Yikes. But they will see what is available the day of...

Usually, I've found that the four-star hotels aren't like this, but you live and learn! Beware of the Quincy Market 4 star option for Priceline!

"Upgrade" fees are lame -- why is a room with two double beds (which cost the same as a king or queen or double at this hotel) an upgrade?

I'm seeing a room with one double bed to be about $20 cheaper then a room with a King / 2 Doubles... so the upgrade fee is explainable in this instance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]