Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Chelsea) Fashion 26

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

New property for the BetterBidding hotel list.

Since we will be attending different events all over the city, we aren't picky as to which zone we stay in. I've been researching this trip since June and had a cancellable back-up reservation at the Marriott Financial Center downtown at a rate of $201 per night utilizing Marriot's Look No Further rate guarantee program.

Although we booked our air fare separately, Priceline's vacation package (air + hotel) was a very essential tool in scoring this hotel. I would periodically research the vacation package for our travel dates to gain insight into hotel prices. By deducting the air fare portion from the totel package rate, it's easy to come up with a ballpark figure for the hotel portion. Yesterday, nearly every 4 star hotel in NYC had a package rate between $1000-$1400 for 3 nights with air fare for 1 person from Boston to New York. The air fare portion of the package was worth $109, which meant the hotels were all running $300 and up per night. But then I noticed the package at the 4* Fashion 26 hotel in the Chelsea zone was $771, all taxes included. Backing out the air fare, this meant the per night hotel price (pre-tax) was under $200. Since I had several rebids, I lowballed and started the bidding at $160 which produced a counteroffer to add $35 ($195). My second bid of $162 was accepted. So yet another example how Priceline will often accept less (in this case a lot less) than their counteroffers.

Fashion 26

152 West 26th Street

New York 10001

Check in: Oct 30, 2010

Check out: Nov 2, 2010

Bid Price per night: $162.00

Taxes/fees: $103.95

Total: $589.95 (3 night total)

Hotel has a 4 1/2 star rating on Tripadvisor. As it's a new hotel to BetterBidding, I will write a review after our stay.

Bid placed through the BetterBidding link to PRICELINE. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done! Glad to see you're happy with the results and this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and helping us add/update this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]