Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (SFO Airport-Burlingame) Crowne Plaza

lovetotravelcheap
By lovetotravelcheap,
in

I have bid all the way up to $85/night for a 3 1/2* & 4* for SFO-Burlingame with no luck.... I went onto LastMinuteTravel and found that the 3 1/2* Doubletree is "Available" (not on request) for $95... this will be my back up.... but everyone has been getting 4* SFO-Burlingame hotels in the $60 range...

I also checked Hotwire and they do not have the Hotwire hot Rate available for a 4*. They have the 3 1/2* for $94 but I've concluded it's the Crowne Plaza and is not a good value.

QUESTION: Is it possible that the hotels wait til it gets closer to October 18th or drop their prices or am I better off just taking the deal I found on LastMinuteTravel?

Thank you!!

Before paying $95 for the Doubletree why not the 4* HOTWIRE hotel for $86?... or i think you can get the Hilton for $90/nite if that is if any interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please follow-up your previous Priceline Minneapolis thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing the 4* for $86 anymore but am seeing the $114 hotel AaronJB is referencing above. The amenities associated with that property (Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet) are common for the area but i'm guessing it's the Hyatt.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Started bidding for a 4* in the SFO-Burlingame zone.. Started at $55 and bid all the way to $85 with my free rebids.... I also tried 3 1/2* up to $85

Lowered to a 3* and started at $52.... failed at $55, $65... and at $70, it stated that if I raised my bid to $90, I could immediately try again. Being the educated Priceliner that I am, I ignored this and raised bid to $75 with success.

I knew I would get this mediocre hotel but happy at the $75 price since it's $114.50/night on the hotel's website and also is on HOTWIRE for $94

Congratulations on your success!

While not what you had in mind when you originally set out for this trip, glad to see this ultimately works for your plans and you're happy with the results given the otherwise higher than usual rates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]