Priceline Hotel: Resort Fees in Orlando area?

gulfcoastmom
By gulfcoastmom,
in

I'm looking for a few one or two night stays in the Disney area over the next few months and I have some questions about resort fees. We're passholders and mostly have stayed on property as the discounts are very good, however they seem less good this season so we thought we'd try some PRICELINE or HOTWIRE as we use them a lot on the road. My concern is all the extra resort and parking fees in the Disney area. If we have to pay an extra $30, we might as well stay on property. Are resort fees leveraged only at places designated "resorts" or can regular hotels charge these fees as well? I'm looking at 3*-4* properties, preferably in the Lake Buena Vista or Disney Maingate areas and the other nearby zones.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts--love BB!

Some do and some don't - they are most likely with Resorts and 4* hotels, but there are hotels at almost all star levels in the Orlando area that are charging these fees. They tend to be smaller fees the lower the star rating. There is no way to tell if you will get a resort or parking fee with Priceline until after your bid is accepted. With Hotwire - if you click on one of its hotel listings and then page down to the bottom right hand corner of that page - it will list if there is a resort fee (I have seen parking fees listed there as well, but not entirely sure you can rely on this) and provide the approximate amount of the fee.

While HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, they are now usually telling you up front if the hotel you're being offered has a resort fee or not. As well, you can try to research the offering based upon the amenities associated with the hotel to take an educated guess as to which property(s) it may be, then find out the parking fees (if any) at the hotels you think it might be.

If you have an upcoming stay let us know your date(s) of travel and we'll try to be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

At Radisson I drive..October 2010 the resort fee was $5 a day. That does include free shuttle to Disney but only at a few times.

You can tell by going to priceline and booking the hotel direct...and they will tell fee.Usually the codos or the ones that call themselves resorts might have higher fee.

Good luck.

So, the bottom line is when your bidding process says you will be shown the price and all the taxes and fees on the next page, it is only the fees PRICELINE is charging you, not what the hotel may add on after the fact. You should be willing to live with whatever a hotel decides to add on after you arrive and this will be between you and the hotel because the bidding page gives you a generic warning that other fees may be charged by the hotel. Caveat Emptor!

• 8 months later...

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Our plans ended up shifting so that staying on-property (with increased flexibility, ease of transportation, etc.) ended up being the right choice this go-around. However, now that we've moved out of the area and are contemplating a trip this next year, I'll be able to use this info to find an off property site, so thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]