Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Center-Space Needle) Holiday Inn

batman19
By batman19,
in

I agree that you're likely not too far off, but will add that your bids above are below the typically accepted range for the star levels that you're bidding.

As well, the vast majority of wins in this zone are at the 4* level, which you may be able to hit for just a few dollars more than you're currently bidding (or perhaps $5-10 more than you may ultimately win for a 3.5* hotel)... would you want to pay a little more for a 4* property or what is your maximum bid at the 3.5* and/or 3* levels?

Please remember to use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree that you're likely not too far off, but will add that your bids above are below the typically accepted range for the star levels that you're bidding.

As well, the vast majority of wins in this zone are at the 4* level, which you may be able to hit for just a few dollars more than you're currently bidding (or perhaps $5-10 more than you may ultimately win for a 3.5* hotel)... would you want to pay a little more for a 4* property or what is your maximum bid at the 3.5* and/or 3* levels?

Please remember to use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding and travel purchases.

Star level doesnt really matter to me, as long as 3 * or above. what would be your suggest price for 3* and 3.5* and 4* ?? thanks

The Pike Place zone is better, imo.

The two zones are adjacent to one another, so obviously it depends upon what point in each zone you're referring to, but the Pike Place is the preferred area for the average tourist/visitor, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For those who had stay in downtown seattle before. what is the diff area between Pike place area and Space needle area?

is it pretty close??? one better than the other???

Depends on what the purpose of your visit is.

The downtown area has the benefit of being in the free transit area so you can take streetcars, buses, etc. everywhere within the main downtown area for free. It is closer to Pike Place market (although some hotels in this zone are closer to the convention center or stadium than they are to Pike Place) and the waterfront. However if you are renting a car you can expect to pay $30/day for parking and in some cases more if you want in/out privileges. Also, there is now light rail that goes from the SeaTac airport to the downtown area (so again, you can avoid the car rental and parking).

At one time the Space Needle area was less safe, however since the Seattle tech boom the area has more new condo buildings etc. and has undergone a lot of gentrification. Hotels there are more likely to offer free parking, and the restaurants and stores in the area are more affordable (it's more toward a residential area rather than a strictly tourist/high-rise-commercial area). Between $5-10 for a cab from here downtown, or take one of the buses.

You might also consider the Lake Union zone, as there is a Lake Union streetcar that connects to downtown. Or it'd be about a $5-10 cab ride.

All 3 of these zones are super close, and when I bid for my upcoming trip the 18th-25th, I will probably start with Lake Union and rebid adding the other 2, if my first bid doesn't work.

In that case I would definitely bid for space needle. If you bid downtown you run the risk of being stuck by the stadium (3.5* Silver Cloud Stadium, 2 miles away) or on First Hill (3* Silver Cloud Broadway, ~1.5 miles). Even the furthest 3* Space Needle (the Marqueen) is closer than those (1 mile).

Still, downtown isn't a bad choice, it just wouldn't be my first choice for Belltown proximity. You can always add the downtown zone for an immediate rebid (which you know should be refused based on your previous bids) without taking too much risk.

I'd also potential consider/research raising your minimum star level to 4 stars, which should keep you out of the stadium area (although there are quite a few pubs/restaurants in this immediate area too, perhaps you won't go bar hopping from place to place like you might in the downtown area, but certainly enough places to visit during a 2 nite stay, imo) and put you in the 'thick' of things Downtown.

The Space Needle area has been revitalized, but i still prefer the Downtown area. (although i can't comment on this in regards to Belltown if that is where you intend to spend most of your time) One thing to keep in mind is that Seattle has GREAT Happy Hours... and not just drinks. Many restaurants, including the high-end ones, have great food specials too during Happy Hour (usually 3:30/5:00-->6:00/7:00) as well as a late-nite happy hour starting after 10pm/11pm... you can really eat and drink well at a fraction of the cost of 'regular' prices.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

10/16 to 10/18 3 adults

Downtown Space needle area

Hotel A

3* $84

Suite

Gym

Highspeed internet

Kitchnette

I pretty sure this is the Homewood suite. but there is two homewood suite in that area after i google map it

1011 Pike St, Seattle - (206) 682-8282

AND

206 Western Ave W, Seattle - (206) 281-9393

which one is that??

Hotel B

Downtown Space needle area

3* $82

Gym

Highspeed internet

Is this the holiday Inn?

thanks for the help

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

The Homewood Suites on Western Ave W is in the Space Needle zone... the other is in the Pike Place zone.

As HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level in each zone what are you doing to have both of these 3* rated properties appear?

Best guess for the first property would be the Homewood Suites with the addition of a new Hi-Speed Internet icon since it was last reported to the board.

I don't have any insight into the 3* hotel... while the Holiday Inn (with a 'missing' Restaurant icon) is possible, there are plenty of other hotels in the area which offer a Fitness Center and Hi-Speed Internet, so it could be just about any of them, and HOTWIRE doesn't offer any additional clues as to which one it might be.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Just for reference, Lastminutetravel.com has the Hotel Roosevelt for $90/nite. Location looks good and reviews on Tripadvisor are reasonable.

Hey quick question, how do u know what hotel from lastminutetravel.com?

i saw 3* standand king for $62 and king mini suite for $72

if u can ID that hotel im very interested.

Also do they have a map on their website as for diff zone?

Finally got my hotel for the weekend

Holiday Inn Seattle

211 Dexter Avenue North

Seattle, WA 98109

206-728-8123

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $67.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $134.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $27.94 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $161.94 (USD)

I used the PRICELINE link to bid.

Not the greatest area but the price is great.

Now im trying to get a rental car for the same week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]