Priceline Hotel: 3* Ventura Four Points

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

Just won the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura for this weekend.

Through the forum's PRICELINE link, I bid $50 for a 2-1/2* hotel, hoping to get our usual Country Inn and Suites. Bid was unsuccessful, and a bit of research showed that although the Country Inn had availability, they had raised their usual price. Carpinteria was sold out (Avocado Festival) which probably put more price pressure on north Ventura. I waited 24 hours and bid $65 for a 2-1/2*, and was upgraded to the 3* Four Points Sheraton. I suspect that Country Inn was not offering Priceline rooms this weekend.

This property is in a nice area, although at the opposite end of Ventura from our comfort zone. Fortunately they offer free parking and free internet, so the only loss for us is the lack of breakfast - that's easily fixed. It's good to avoid a rut, no?

details:

Four Points By Sheraton Ventura

1050 Schooner Drive

Ventura, CA 93001

805-658-1212

Check-In: Saturday, October 2, 2010-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Sunday, October 3, 2010-12:00 PM

summary of charges

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $65.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $65.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $14.60 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $79.60 (USD)

I was offered the "extend your stay" option, but can't use it.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're not too disappointed in not receiving the Country Inn and Suites and are looking forward to this property for a change.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]