Priceline Hotel: Need some help with Miami.

FSUChris
By FSUChris,
in

South Beach is where the nightlife is located, but it's also where a lot of older, independent hotels, reside as well. I'm not such a fan of budget rated, independent, hotels as the quality can vary greatly within the star level, you may get a hidden gem of great value... or you could get something which you regret and wish you paid more. In the case of the latter, being an independent property, it's harder to get any problems/issues resovled with independent properties as there is little/no 'chain of command' to go up the corporate latter.

Personally i probably wouldn't bid less than 3.5* in this area (preferably more) but i'm guessing your budget won't be enough for a 3.5* property. If that is the case, i would probably look towards HOTWIRE which will cost a little more, but hopefully you can take an educated guess as landing one of the better 3* properties.

A quick search at the moment shows a 3* hotel which i'm guessing is the Ocean Five Hotel for $116/nite and another 3* hotel which i'm guessing is the President Hotel (upgraded from the previously reported 2.5* level) for $84/nite... i'd read reviews of each of these and determine if either would work for your needs OR if you'd prefer to roll the dice with PRICELINE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I should have booked the President Hotel when I had the chance. Everything has jumped up few days ago and have remained there ever since. The cheapest hotel now is $119.

Any advice on my next step? I've been trying to bid on PRICELINE, but only know the 4* rebid zones for South Beach. What are the 3.5* and 3* rebid zones?

Thanks again for all your help!

Any advice on my next step? I've been trying to bid on PRICELINE, but only know the 4* rebid zones for South Beach. What are the 3.5* and 3* rebid zones?

Do you know how to determine your re-bid zones, as you should be checking them before every bidding cycle... new hotels are added to the system all the time, and others are upgraded/downgraded, that if you're not double checking your re-bid zones before bidding you could easily end up in a zone you didn't intend.

Please see this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for information on how to determine your re-bid zones. If you're still confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you. To see if you're on the right track, you have FIVE re-bid zones at the 3.5* level and only ONE re-bid zone at the 3* level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for that help! I've got the rebid zones figured out. For what it's worth, it's looking like I have waited too long. Prices are crazy. What's the chance prices go down a day or two before Thursday?

Do you see anything on HOTWIRE that you can guess what it is for my days in any of the three 'South Beach' areas?

As PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, if your goal is best bang for your buck and no need for specific amenities or location, why not increase your maximum bid and continue to bid on PRICELINE?

As PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, if your goal is best bang for your buck and no need for specific amenities or location, why not increase your maximum bid and continue to bid on PRICELINE?

How many bad hotels are in SoBe that I might get stuck with on PRICELINE? At least with HOTWIRE, I have a chance of knowing which hotel to get.

For what it's worth, I very much appreciate your help and won't take it out on you if I get stuck with some sh*thole if you think I should go with PRICELINE. :)

How is 'The Wave' in SoBe? I can get it through BookIt.com for $284 total, taxes included ($118 a night). I'll also be hit with a $10 resort fee and $30 valet (which seems normal for the area, anyway) once I arrive.

I know BB doesn't get anything out of that reservation, but what do you think? Should I take it?

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]