Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (bidding in progress)

SteveM
By SteveM,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for the failed bids history (as it does help others looking at this area)

Please read your messages, and if you'd like help with this stay let us know your maximum bid and we'll take a close look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think $65 for the 3* is about all I'm willing to pay via PRICELINE. I think all but 1 of the (known) possible hotels have a pool & continental breakfast, which are heavily preferred for the trip (travelling w/ kids). I'm willing to gamble on the amenities for a chance at a nicer property. I might give $70-75 a shot today, once I talk to the boss.

If we can't score that deal, I'll likely go 2* via Expedia where I can pick my amenities, reserve my desired room type (two beds!) and use my $50 Best Rate Guarantee coupons.

I'll also take a few minutes today and see how HOTWIRE looks as far as likely amenities and see if there's a bid I can place there.

My original intent was to document my bid history, and then update the first post & description with the final result - but I see edits are locked after a period of time. Should I use another posting approach?

My original intent was to document my bid history, and then update the first post & description with the final result - but I see edits are locked after a period of time. Should I use another posting approach?

This is the correct method, keeping all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once a hotel is won/received/purchased just continue to add in a reply to this thread and we'll edit the topic title accordingly.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any help in your pursuit for this stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link if you go that route)

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]