Priceline Hotel: 4* in USE or USW - 10/8 to 10/13 - assistance needed

k8trainor
By k8trainor,
in

i believe myself to be pretty skilled at PRICELINE and have used it for the past 5 years but my husband and I's 1st anniverary trip is proving to be quite a challenge.

i've been trying pretty hard for 2 days to get a good deal and so far, i'm up to $138 with no luck. i'm seeing all these winning bids that are much less and am wondering what exactly i'm doing wrong. i've read all the tips and how to re-bid and such but i'm not understanding why other prices are being accepted and not mine.

not ready to jump down to 3.5 stars just yet so if anyone has any advice, i'm up for it

thank you. this forum is awesome!

----------

k8trainor

BR, LA

You can easily ID hotels on LMT using BEAV's method in Off Topic/Run of House. Check it out; it's pretty foolproof. But if you try to book, choose AVAILABLE hotels, not those ON REQUEST. The rooms on request have rarely proven to be available lately.

PL Deals in Sept and Oct have been hard to get, though some have gotten them at the last minute. Since this is your anniversary trip, I wouldn't take that chance. If you're not getting any love on PL, I'd try LMT or HW.

Also - if you're an experienced bidder, please start to post your wins on this forum and help others like we're helping you.

i have never had as much trouble with PL as I am having for this trip. i'm not getting any love on LMT or HW either.

prices are too high and i just won't settle for a 3* hotel for my 1st wedding anniversary. the reviews on TripAdvisor are just not good for 3*

this is really bumming me out.

k8trainor,

Please use the standard font size for your post... i spend a lot of hours in front of this monitor and my eyes work hard enough as it is :)

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and the option presented by valencia work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our GTA Hotels link if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i believe myself to be pretty skilled at PRICELINE and have used it for the past 5 years but my husband and I's 1st anniverary trip is proving to be quite a challenge.

i've been trying pretty hard for 2 days to get a good deal and so far, i'm up to $138 with no luck. i'm seeing all these winning bids that are much less and am wondering what exactly i'm doing wrong. i've read all the tips and how to re-bid and such but i'm not understanding why other prices are being accepted and not mine.

not ready to jump down to 3.5 stars just yet so if anyone has any advice, i'm up for it

thank you. this forum is awesome!

----------

k8trainor

BR, LA

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You just have to accept the fact you're trying to get a "deal" on a multi-day stay during San Francisco's peak season. Keep in mind prices (both PRICELINE / HOTWIRE and retail) are determined by occupancy factors. Just the age-old theory of supply and demand. As additional info, your travel dates are over Fleet Week in SF, which is a huge, annual event. Given these factors, what is the absolute highest price per night you're willing to spend?

k8 - I'm with BEAV. You may have to raise your $$$ or lower your expectations. Challenging times in San Francisco right now.

Also - some 3* are better than others. For example, Kimpton hotels are almost always highly rated, as is the Harbor Court on the Embarcadero. Try to have an open mind and something will work out.

no luck on Priceline but was successful on LastMinuteTravel.com

10/8 - 10/10

Westin St. Francis (4.5*)

$140.36 per night

10/10 - 10/13

Hotel Frank (3.5*)

$121.42 per night

even though we had to split up the hotels, they are actually on the same block.

ended up coming just under budget so that is always good.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]