Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown) Hotel De La Montagne

shortbrownie
By shortbrownie,
in

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone out there know that I just booked a 4* Downtown Montreal hotel that was 85% recommended for $123/night. It turns out it was Hotel De La Montagne which I am very disappointed by from reading the reviews and in particular it's treatment of Hotwire guests. I read that someone else booked a similar deal but they have Intercontinental--which I would have been much happier with.

This is the second time I've booked with Hotwire and both times I've been very disappointed. Advice to all, don't take the chance! In the end I paid $300 USD in total and that hotel doesn't look worth that price!

If you haven't stayed there don't judge it just yet! I've stayed the HDLM many times using HOTWIRE and have ALWAYS had a stellar stay. The rooms are all nice, all with balconies, 90% of the time I've gotten a king sized bed when requested and the staff were fantastic. Valet parking is only $20/night which is very reasonable, internet is free and the location of the hotel is the best for what I enjoy about Montreal.

Like they say, don't knock it till you've tried it.

FB

shortbrownie,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry to hear you're disappointed with the outcome.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the dates of your stay (so this thread can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins) and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

In the future feel free to ask the board for help and/or confirm what you believe you're being offered before you make your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your stay goes better then expected.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with previous post. Hotel de la Montagne is a great place to stay. The rooms - and especially the bathrooms - are huge and comfortable. All the perks of a very nice hotel. We've gone there every year for Christmas for several years. It's a great location for walking all over downtown, and close to metro for getting father afield.

The ONLY downside is that one side of hotel faces Crescent Street, which has a lot of loud nightclubs at night on the weekends. Try to get a room facing EAST to avoid the noise at night. We asked to be moved last Christmas and it was not problem the second night.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Mtl (3.5* and 4*) and have been very satisfied, except for the Hotel de la Montagne where I would not want to go back to. The rooms and bathrooms are large, however, this is a building that is in so-so condition and that has been given a superficial face lift. I work in commercial construction and, looking underneath the finishes, I see a building for which the plumbing, heating and sprinkler system would need some serious updates...In addition, I find the decor too 'overdone' . When it opened up, the rooftop exterior pool was the place to be seen on Crescent Street, it was very hip. Actually, the pool icon on the Hotwire listing is a bit misleading for this hotel as it is only open in the (short) summer season...

So, anything but Hotel de la Montagne for me - I actually hesitate to book a 4* on HOTWIRE so I do not end up there...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]