Change in total cost for rental on Priceline

jazzman1974
By jazzman1974,
in

hi all

I am trying to book a car for an upcoming visit to TN next month.

Picking up from Murfreesboro 19th Oct, and dropping off at Nashville Airport 26th Oct, for a total of 7 1/2 days.

I am looking atbooking a car with Hertz, using a CDP, and a CP.

This gives me a weekly rate of $121, then a total cost of $138 with taxes.

When I go to reserve the car, Priceline comes up with a page saying the cost has changed, and it is now $158.

Has anyone else come across this issue before?

Cheers

Jarrad

thanks for the welcome!!

sorry, I should have said, that I was using the priceline site to get the costs for the Hertz car.

As I mentioned, having entered the dates, pickup & dropoff, and CDP, and CP codes, it gave me a total cost for $138, I have gone and started the reservation

at that cost, then priceline goes to another page and says that the cost is now $158.

I know its only $20, but thats $20 I could be spending with. :)

Cheers

J

sorry, I should have said, that I was using the priceline site to get the costs for the Hertz car.
I understood... it would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE links on the board to begin your searches.

I was asking what the total cost is/was if you searched for your rental directly from the Hertz website... do you get the 'old' or the 'new' rate?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]