Early check-in

MM77
By MM77,
in

The way that some hotels are pushing check-in back to 3 or 4pm kind of irks me, as I prefer to check in around noon, so I can freshen up before heading back out for the afternoon. I have no trouble checking out by 10am. It seems like hotels should be able to clean enough rooms between 10 and 12 to accommodate the people who check in early, especially as it seems like it's a small amount of check-ins - in most hotels I've stayed at the 'rush' seems to be around 6pm.

Just curious what people's experiences have been with checking in early, I have done it at 2pm with no problem but am wondering how much trouble 12noon would be. I do realize this may vary from hotel to hotel but am just looking for a general idea.

• 4 weeks later...
I have gotten a check in as early as 9am at a PRICELINE property. The place was a dump though. I had spotty success elsewhere for early check ins though. It just really depends on a whole host of factors.

Ditto. If I can I just call and ask. I just got in on an early flight, is there a way I can check in early? I've done it several times, and never had a problem. I've checked in at 9 or 10 am a few times. Especially if it's not a busy season. But definitely call and ask. The only place I've had an issue is Vegas, they have a schedule because they have so many rooms to be turned over and all that.

They don't really seem to have a "policy", well if everybody asked... but they have to have rooms available.

• 4 weeks later...
The only place I've had an issue is Vegas, they have a schedule because they have so many rooms to be turned over and all that.

The hotels in Las Vegas make the place even worse than what it already is. A $100 deposit, are you kidding me? for a $19 a night room?

There was a Baymont Inn I went to before and I arrived at about 4 or 5 am. The guy at the desk said that if I came back at 7 am, I'd be able to check out at 11 am the next day. Unfortunently I was so sleepy, and didn't take up on the offer...but some places dont mind.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't have AC in my car so I wanted to drive early in the AM to beat the LA traffic. I got there at 10 am and was told to wait until 2 pm. So I went to walmart (wallybird) and hang out and met with my friends. then checked in at 2 with no problems.

thanks for the advice...

My experience has varied. Usually I arrive early and most of the time am allowed to check in. Ive checked in at 1230 - 1 pm at the Residence Inn with no problems. ALso have checked in as early as 830 one time at the Fairfield Marriott. There have been the times too when I ask to check in and am nicely told I need to come back when a room is available(Hampton Inn), the last time I was to come back at 100 pm so, not so bad. I really don't like it though if I ask and they have to go clean a room for me because that is when they do not clean the room so good. Since Id prefer a clean room over an early check in, Id just rather wait and come back. really, it just varies.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]