Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Center-Space Needle) Springhill Suites

Steak2007
By Steak2007,
in

Trying for 4* in downtown Seattle (Pike's Market) for checkin on Fri 9/24, checkout Sun 9/26.

I started bidding at $60, using rebid zones and increasing my bid in $3 or $5 increments up to $90. Tried this twice this week, no luck.

HOTWIRE has some 4* in downtown for $144. Wonder if this is a tough weekend for some reason.

Any advice? Thanks!

----------

EDIT: Just tried up to $95. No luck.

With HOTWIRE showing 4* rates at around $150-180 (when I search on HOTWIRE for 9/24-26 this morning), my guess is that it may take $120-135 for a successful PRICELINE win. I'd try next at $105, and if that's not successful, $110.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I've been trying the same zone for the following weekend 10/1-10/4, at about the same bid amounts as you, and no luck for me either.

Different dates are very likely to result in different rates; what may be the required bid for a win for 9/24-26 may be different/very different than what is required for 10/1-4. If you would like assistance with your stay, please post a new thread with the details of your trip. Thanks. :)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Rates in this area were very depressed and at the beginning of this year we were seeing unprecedented summer rates... sub-$100 which was almost unheard for this time of year (which is high season).

As the summer drew nearer we saw a steady rise in rates as business in the area, and the economy as a whole, have continued to improve. Rates for many dates in this area are back to where they 'should' be... typically $95-$135/nite and may stay at these elevated levels for many dates until after cruise season when rates typically drop simply from a seasonality perspective.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried bids up to $100 for 4*. Over the past couple days I've also tried:

3* at $70, $80, $85, $90 (using 1 re-bid zone)

2.5* at $65, $70

All rejected.

I see that some hotels are actually sold out for Saturday night, which is probably the main problem here. There is a Seahawks football game on Sun 9/26 which also probably drives up the prices for this weekend.

I will keep trying, and maybe also try the Seattle Center zone.

I had bid up to $110 for 4*, $90 for 3* and $70 for 2.5* in the Pike's Market zone unsuccessfully.

With time running out, I ended up bidding $90 for 2.5* in the Seattle Center zone, and won the...

Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown

1800 Yale Ave

Seattle, WA 98101

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $90.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $180.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $35.02 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $215.02 (USD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It is somewhat strange to me that this hotel comes up in the Seattle Center - Space Needle zone. Seems that it is closer to Pike's Market. I may be wrong. Either way I'm satisfied.

Used the site's PRICELINE links to start all bids. Thank you.

Congratulations on your success!

This property is located within the boundaries of PRICELINE's (Seattle Center-Space Needle) zone but is also very close to 'downtown'... in fact if you were to plot this property on a HOTWIRE map it would fall within their "Downtown-Pike Place" zone as the boundaries are drawn a little differently.

Glad you found something that will work for your needs and budget.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]