Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding for November New Orleans trip

scottyeec42
By scottyeec42,
in

Husband and I are going to New Orleans 11/12-11/14. I used the link from here to Hotwire, but there aren't many good deals on those dates. I was surprised because there's not a Saints game or anything and it seems like an odd weekend to be expensive. We'd like to stay in the French Quarter/Downtown area.

There is a 3* in downtown for $65 a night. The amenities are Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, and Business Center, and it has an 85% recommendation rating in customer reviews. Any ideas what this one is? Maybe the Holiday Inn Superdome?

There's also a 4* downtown for $149 a night, amenities are Smoke Free, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, and High Speed Internet, with a recommendation rating of 90%. I'm thinking this may be the Inter-Continental?

Hotels.com has got some ok deals through Hotwire-- the Dauphine for $90 a night, Historic French Market Inn for $81, the St. James for $100 a night. We'd really like to stay around $100 a night or less. Would we be better off trying to bid through Priceline? What should we bid? Or does one of these look like a good deal?

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Given the prices of the lower rated hotels, and assuming there are no special events in town, it may just be a bit too early to see much of a deal for these dates.

What is most important for these dates... the lowest price or having a guess as to the hotel you may receive before purchase?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I decided to wait a month or so and check the prices again, and they're the same. I think we'll probably go with the Dauphine Orleans for $91 a night through either Expedia or Hotels.com. I'm disappointed Hotwire didn't have any better options for us! I also doubt we'd be able to bid and get anything better in the Quarter on Priceline either. Location is important-- we want to be in walking distance of the Quarter, but we also have to be under $130 a night, preferably closer to $100. Any suggestions/advice from anyone?

We're frustrated-- we have friends who go to New Orleans all the time and stay at the Sheraton and always get it for $80 or less bidding on priceline, and I've seen several posts about the Sheraton for as low as $40 on here recently, but for some reason for our trip I can't get it even though I've tried up to $85 a night!

We'd like to stay in either the French Quarter or Downtown Nov 12-14. Hotwire's cheapest in the Quarter is a 3.5* for $125 a night but I can't identify it because it doesn't have a restaurant icon, and all the hotels listed here for the Quarter do. We'd rather not spend over about $125 a night.

Does anyone know-- is there something going on there that weekend? It's a off weekend for the Saints, I know that. There's a gumbo festival... but surely that wouldn't put prices this high. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Sorry to hear that your bids have not yet been accepted. :)

Unfortunately, rates are still on the higher side for these dates - maybe a convention going on in the area? A number of HOTWIRE listings are regular rate; a 4* bid may take $110-125, and possibly slightly higher if discounts are conservative for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

my husband and live about an hour from NOLA and usually wait until the day or the day before to get a hotel. i've been using priceline for years for these trips.

a safe bet would be the Downtown area, choose 3.5 stars and we usually always get the Marriott on Canal Street for $60-$70. there aren't many 3.5 stars in that area i guess but it's a nice hotel and away from the noise off the French Quarter but still close to all the action.

just thought i would add my two cents to help. enjoy the city!

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]