Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Holiday Inn

jimevarts
By jimevarts,
in

After looking at the postings, I hoped to get the Renaissance Hotel in downtown by bidding $65.

On a lark, I bid $65 for 4-stars first, just in case, and was rejected.

I then bid $65 for 3-stars and kept my neighborhood limited to downtown and got Holiday Inn Seattle.

With fees, it's $81.98. I'm happy with that, but wish I could specify that I wanted a pool.

This was for March 24, 2005 (Thursday night). I bid March 23, 2005. So for that short of notice, I doubt I could have gotten a better deal.

Thank you for posting this. I have been leary about bidding for a 3* mostly because I DIDN'T want to end up with the Holiday Inn. Not that it's a bad property, but the location is not really "downtown" where I want to be. It's closer to Seattle Center. I want to be closer to Pike Place. There are some great 3* hotels to be had in this area, however since Priceline includes the outskirts of downtown proper, I just don't want to take the chance. I want to be within close walking distance of "the action". :) Of course, I'm looking at the end of July, so who knows what will be available for that time. I don't really need a 4*, but in order to be where I want, I have to bid on that...which makes it almost impossible to find a reasonable hotel on a Saturday night in the summer. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]