Priceline Hotel: 3* Indianapolis (Airport IND) Radisson

cclaser
By cclaser,
in

We will be staying in Indy after the colts game. Is there any bidding stategy to avoid University Place downtown. I typically like to bid at the 4 star level University Place is not even close to being a nice hotel and is inconvenient due to the distance from the main downtown area. If it isn't possible, I would rather just stay near the airport at the Raddison or Crown Plaza. Thanks in advance for your help!

With PRICELINE there is no way to avoid a particular hotel on the zone. When you're trying to target, or avoid, a particular hotel in an area HOTWIRE can often be a better option... have you tried searching HOTWIRE to see if anything is offered in the Downtown within your budget and star rating which you can determine is not the University Place?

What is your budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would pay $50-90 for a 4 star downtown. The problem is that University Place typically gobbles up any bids over $54. There are actually 3 & 3.5 star hotels that are much better downtown. Can you bid at a lower level star rating? I think that they can substitute a higher star rated hotel if you do so. HOTWIRE isn't showing much downtown. I know that we can usually the airport Raddision for $35. Nice hotel, but just not in the thick of things. It is still better than University Place.

• 1 month later...

Ended up avoiding the downtown area due to the possibility of getting University Place. Won the Raddison airport for $35 for the same dates. The priceline option in downtown Indy remains a problem. University place is an inferior hotel and is located too far from the main downtown area. It is in no way a 4 star property.

Ended up avoiding the downtown area due to the possibility of getting University Place. Won the Raddison airport for $35 for the same dates. The priceline option in downtown Indy remains a problem. University place is an inferior hotel and is located too far from the main downtown area. It is in no way a 4 star property.
Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads as you make a decision for that stay or win a hotel so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

We are planning on staying in Indy for the Colts game on November 1st. It would be great to use priceline, but I think the scenario is the same as my last trip. Thanks!
The University Hotel and Conference Center is still currently rated 4* by PRICELINE so if you're unwilling to accept this hotel then PRICELINE is probably not the best option for this stay. How about HOTWIRE if you're able to ID a hotel in this area OR at least confirm that the hotel offered is not the University Place.

If you'd like help with your 11/1 stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]