Priceline Hotel: 5* Milan Le Meridien Excelsior Gallia

N.Italy
By N.Italy,
in

I've been trying to priceline in Venice, Florence and Milan for the end of May. No luck on 4 or 5 stars in Venice or Florence yet, but I got a room in Milan on my first try. Priceline told me it's the Excelsior, but the linked website and address is the same as the Meridien. Its current web rate is 174 Euros (~$226). Even though some of you have said that the Meridien/Excelsior ( isn't in the best neighborhood and isn't a full 5 star, it will just be for 1 night, and with the current exchange rate, I'd be paying the same or more for a 1 or 2 star hotel in Milan without priceline!

Excelsior Hotel Gallia

Your Offer Price: $90.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$17.68

Total Charges: $107.68

I'd welcome any tips from others on Venice and Florence!

I think this is a good deal.

For Venice and Florence, how much do you want to spend?

The problem I have with Priceline bidding in Florence is that the zone is pretty large. If you look at the zone map, you can see it extends beyond some major motorways. One nice thing about Florence is that you can really walk everywhere if you have a centrally located hotel. However, I did see the Boscolo Astoria come up as a 4* offering on the Vacation Packages, and if you got that hotel, the location would be fine. There are some tour group hotels in outlying areas, though, and I could see Priceline perhaps giving you one of those.

For Venice, I would only bid for the Venice zone itself.

In each case, I would try to research to find the best deal for a hotel you like in order to ensure you don't overbid on Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]