Priceline Hotel: Need help with San diego and bidding area?

trellaineBC
By trellaineBC,
in

Staying in San Diego arriving October 17 and staying for 7 nights. I have never been and wonder what area to bid? I want to be central but also would be nice to be near the beach :)

Which areas do you suggest for bidding?

I do plan on renting a car for the week if that helps in the area. I hope to pay $100 max per night. Cheaper is better of course.

If you're looking to stay Downtown (i'm not sure how far from the beach but i'm sure somebody else on the board local to or familiar with the area can comment) the 'problem' is that PRICELINE's zone for this area also includes Harbor Island, which is not what most are looking for when the think 'downtown'. If you look at PRICELINE map of this area is the entire Downtown-Harbor Island area acceptable? (assuming this is the area you want to be)

The alternative is it look at HOTWIRE which splits the Gaslamp Quarter into it's own zone, and this is considered by most to be a 'prime city location'. HOTWIRE usually costs a little more then PRICELINE, but in this instance you stand a better chance of receiving a hotel in the location you want.

Please confirm the zone(s) information i've mentioned above (and anyone local feel free to chime in) and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you want to try for a 4* hotel in this zone up to $100 and then weigh your options OR what is your game plan going forward?

I'll add that HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Se San Diego for a little more than your budget at $129... and 3.5* rated properties for a little less.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Do you want to try for a 4* hotel in this zone up to $100 and then weigh your options OR what is your game plan going forward?

I'll add that HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Se San Diego for a little more than your budget at $129... and 3.5* rated properties for a little less.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

I ended up booking through Expedia.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]