Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Saddle Brook (Teaneck-Ft Lee) Radisson Englwd

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I had to grind out this same day winning bid and as always, accessed Priceline through SavingsBarn.com.

Selected Rutherford-Meadowlands, 2.5* and bid $49, rejected

Closed browser, re-accessed and selected Secaucus-North Bergen, 3* and bid $50, rejected

Added Rutherford-Meadowlands, bid $52, rejected

Lowered to a 2.5* and bid $55, rejected

Added Jersey City, bid $60, rejected

At this point, I felt pretty rejected, but didn't take it personally. The thought of paying rack rates made me persevere :)

Closed my browser and re-accessed, and selected Saddle Brook-Hasbrouck Heights, 3* and bid $49, rejected

Added Paramus-Hackensack and bid $56, rejected

Added Teaneck-Ft. Lee and bid $61, rejected

Lowered to a 2.5* and bid $61, with 2 minutes to go before the window closed for same day reservations.....

Congratulations, you got your price of $61 for a 2

You're not thinking of the former Days Inn in Ft. Lee that's now a Holiday Inn, now that's ugly!! :)

The Radisson is right off Rt. 4 Westbound on Van Brunt Street, just past the Grand Ave. exit. (almost within driving distance to the Arthur's Tavern outpost in Emerson!!) I'm not sure if this was formerly a Holiday Inn, but my room was pretty nice and up to date, and for once, above its 2.5* rating. The pool is shut down for repairs and the hotel has a restaurant in the lobby, Bennigan's is right across the street. The weekend rate for this property is $79, so I would suspect that it might go for less on Priceline. I stayed here a year ago on Hotwire for $46 and it was rated 3*. High speed (wired) internet is available for $10 a day.

That was the other hotel i was thinking of... near the Bennigans and set-back from the highway a bit.

The old Holiday Inn is the last hotel before the GW Bridge on the Eastbound side, among the gas stations. I'll let you know the next time i pass it as to what the current brand is... it's very grey and dingy looking in its current state, if i reall correctly.

Glad to hear your stay last nite was a good one... i was actually surprised last nite when i saw your post as most Radisson's are 3* rated and not 2.5*.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No need for the recon. mission :)

I stayed at the Ft. Lee Holiday Inn two weeks ago, inching my way up from the mouth of the Holland Tunnel in the snow and ice and 50 MPH winds. The rate is $114 although sometimes they have a coupon for $89 in the room saver coupon book. The main benefit of the Ft. Lee Holiday Inn (besides free WiFi) is that it is less than a mile from the George Washington Bridge, so if you need to be in the Bronx or upper Manhattan, this is a good spot. Although the hotel has a sports bar off the lobby, that night I had to go for some Korean BBQ in Ft. Lee :) A burger and fries just won't cut it compared to BulGoGi :o

The other option was the Ft. Lee Hilton, a really nice property about two blocks closer to the GW Bridge. This property can be had for around $149 and has a Karoke bar in case you feel the urge to belt one out!

• 3 weeks later...

just found out that this hotel will now be a Crowne Plaza, I wonder what this will do for the rates? From the Orbitz website:

[Hotel is currently undergoing renovations, new furniture in the rooms, new floor tiles in the bathrooms, public areas (restaurant, lobby, front entrance, swimming pool and exercise room). Also, new carpet in the banquet rooms.

Full service hotel convenient to New York City, abundant shopping and major highways. Hotel offers large comfortable sleeping rooms, indoor pool, fitness center, and quality service.

All rooms and meeting rooms offer High Speed Internet access at a cost. Hotel does offer Ethernet Cables (deposit required - refundable).

Looks like it will re-open later this month.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]