Priceline Hotel: 3* Santa Barbara Hotel Oceana

yugi
By yugi,
in

So are you only bidding on PRICELINE for Ventura or is there an offering on HOTWIRE which looks interesting and is within your budget and desired star rating?

Have you tried bidding on PRICELINE for Ventura yet?

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your desired star level and maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was bidding for 3* in Santa Barbara, and went up to $83, received a counter offer of $101. My guess for $90-91 I'd get that.

I've also seen the above mentioned hotel in Carpinteria on HOTWIRE, but I don't know where is it. I prefer a hotel close to the beach.

Yesterday I started to bid in Ventura, which looks like a good alternative to Santa Barbara.

We have not seen any HOTWIRE hotels in Carpinteria reported to the board and as the amenities above don't indicate a "near beach" icon, i would have no reason to believe that it is walkable to the beach... although the zone isn't that large so i don't think the beach could be more than 1-2 miles away (if by 'close' you're looking for a short drive rather then walkable)

How high and for what star rating are you bidding in Ventura? What is your budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm bidding for 3* in Ventura for 11/25-26.

There is also 3* in Ventura on Hotwire for the same dates for $92 with the following amenities:

Beachfront, fitness, pool, restaurant, laundry, internet, and 3* tripadvisor rating. My guess it's Crowne Plaza.

How high and for what star rating are you bidding in Ventura? What is your budget per nite for this trip?
???

The 3* HOTWIRE property has not yet been reported to the board but the Crowne Plaza would seem to be a reasonable guess.

Congratulations on your win!

Hope you're satisfied with the results and this will suit your needs for this stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]