Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Fremont Street) Golden Nugget

I love beer
By I love beer,
in

I have bid $50 and $55 for staying in a 4 star hotel in the Fremont area, I believe that the Golden Nugget is the only 4 star hotel in the area and is the only hotel I want to stay at. I am looking for help in getting the best deal possible.

Do rates typically go down as time winds down or is there usually a sweet spot where you can get the best deal a couple weeks out? I have no problem booking even the day I arrive if that is typically the best way to do it. The best rate I have found is actually on the Golden Nugget web site averaging at about $109 a night, Expedia is $132 - what is a good range to expect to pay via PRICELINE?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The Golden Nuggest is the only hotel that has been reported to the board at the 4* level in this zone; there could always be a new/unreported 4*. I would recommend trying next at $57; if $57 isn't accepted, then next try $62. What would be your desired max budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I just tried $57...

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

How much is the hotel direct rate at the Golden Nugget for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your bids are still less then 50% of prevailing rates and i don't think you're going to see that deep of a discount for this stay in this area... i would certainly continue to increase your bids systematically, but i think you're likely going to be looking at $70-$100 for this stay. Would you be willing to bid up to $100 given hotel direct rates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

If you're familiar with re-bidding (if not please read the quoted thread above and ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board) you have FOUR re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Las Vegas and you can bid as follows:

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Fremont St Vicinity...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Fremont St Vicinity and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Your rebid zones are all of the zones that do not have a 4* or 5* hotel, i.e., Boulder, Henderson, NW Las Vegas and Nellis. In the example provided earlier "zone 1" means YOUR first rebid zone, not PRICELINE zone #1. Your PL rebid zones appear to be #1, #3, #11 and #14, respectively--if you go back to PRICELINE (using the board's link) and choose those four zones you will see that a 4* hotel is not an option. As long as you keep your star rating at 4, start your bidding with PL zone #2-Fremont St. Vicinity, and only rebid using these four zones, you can only win the Nugget because it's the only 4* hotel available in all of those zones.

I hope that helps. Using the rebid zones is easy once you understand it. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]