Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial District) Holiday Inn Express

mustgetoutmore
By mustgetoutmore,
in

This is a newly opened hotel and seems to have good reviews on Tripadvisor. Please could you also add it to the hotel list.

Rates seem quite high again for this night in NYC, so I bid $100 for 2.5* in ESB, MSG, Chelsea and then Downtown where I was accepted by Holiday Inn Express. Rack rate for that night is $279. Used the PRICELINE link.

I just tried the same but for 9/16-9/19 and got denied. :)

Congrats on your success. :)

First-rate deal for this newer Holiday Inn Express property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List for the state.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Rates are different for different rates; the first week or so of September has been somewhat slower in NYC, but the middle of the month all the way to December (with few exceptions) is busy-to-extremely busy and rates are higher/much higher.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Jengiles

The probable reason is that the current rack rate for those dates is $312. If you break it down, the rates are $369 on the 16th, $284 on the 17th and $269 on the 18th, so it's the 16th that's going to cause problems. It's worth checking out rack rates in some of the other hotels in other areas to see if they are a little lower. After checking out Tripadvisor reviews, the 2.5* hotels in the following areas all seem to have pretty good ratings: ESB, MSG, Chelseas and Downtown. I didn't check further uptown zones.

Also, it can sometimes be better to bid closer to the travel dates as the hotels often release rooms closer to the day. If you can book a cancelable backup, try that option. Look at what the prices are like on Hotwire to get an idea of availability. I was looking over labour day weekend and it was very clear from HOTWIRE that I didn't stand a chance on the Saturday!.

Good luck and remember there is always Jersey City. I often stay at the 4* Hyatt which is right by the Path station and goes straight into WTC.

Oh and don't foget to use this sites PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links!

Good luck

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]