Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

jmcwilli
By jmcwilli,
in

Looking to stay at the Hyatt (their site shows $279/night) or the Doubletree (their site shows $199/night).

Hotwire shows a 3.5 star hotel available for $83/night for Hoboken-Jersey City. Is this the Hyatt? The amenities show a restaurant, pool and business center.

Could we do better on priceline? We would rather stay at the Hyatt, so I'm assuming that we would risk getting the Doubletree if we used priceline.

Thanks!

I have 2 rooms at the Jersey city Hyatt over 4th of July weekend. I paid $55 (back in november) and $67 (a couple weeks ago). I had failed at bids below $60 and finally had the balls to try a bid over $60 and was successful at $67. Usually the Doubletree comes at higher rates thru priceline than the Hyatt so you should be ok as long as you dont bid about $67. Now your stay is for many days and Hyatt is kind of picky when it comes to stays that long so you may have to split your bid (6/30- 7/2 and 7/2-7/5 etc.). And yes the 3.5 star on hotwire is the Hyatt. Let us know how it goes.

Brian

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree that the above HOTWIRE hotel is in all likelihood the Hyatt.

However, i think on occaisions bidding over $60 could easily land you the Doubletree. I'm a bit more conservative than most so i would likley not be bidding more than $55. Since this stay is for so many nites, i would first see if the Hyatt is available thru HOTWIRE for each nite indvidually. If so, i'd then be trying many different date combinations to win on Priceline (if/when you're ready to bid let us know and i'll help with the date combinations after checking hotwire myself). I'd then 'fill-in' whatever dates i couldn't get thru Priceline with the Hotwire offers for the same hotel... i'd rather pay a few more dollars for the Hyatt than risk getting the Doubletree (not that the Doubletree is 'bad', but it's not the Hyatt, which is indeed worth a bit more)

Let us know if/how/when we can help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All nights are available individually on Hotwire.

6/29 $81

30th $88

1st $78

2nd $78

3rd $87

4th $85

5th $82

So you are saying to bid $55 per night individually on Priceline, and book any rejected nights on Hotwire? What is the risk of getting another 3 star hotel other than the Hyatt on Priceline?

Which airports would be the best to use for this hotel?

Thanks Again!

No, i would start as follows:

Try $48 bids at the 3* level for each of the following dates:

6/29-7/6

6/29-7/5

6/29-7/5

6/29-7/3

6/29-7/2

If rejected try $55 bids at the 3* level for the following dates:

6/30-7/6

7/1-7/6

7/2-7/6

7/3-7/6

7/4-7/6

Report back once you have any success with the above or if all of the above are rejected.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Totally Wicked!

I got the Hyatt Regency Jersey City for 55$ per night for the entire 7 nights using the SavingsBarn.com link. I could not believe it!

I chickened out on trying the $48 as you suggested for my first bid. I figured that the $7 wasn't worth getting rejected. I was really ready to book the $83 Hotwire rate and be done with it.

Do you have any suggestions on which airport we should use? I'm assuming Newark, but???

Thanks again for your help!!!

John

Congratulations on your win!

Glad it worked out well for you and you were able to save almost an additional $100 :)

Yes, Newark is best (a straight 15 minutes cab ride away). There are mass transit options available to get to the hotel from EWR (discussed in this thread: Airport to Hotel which you can follow to get to Newark Penn Station and then take the PATH to Exchange Place instead of Manhattan... but taxi is the quickest by a wide margin). A taxi from EWR to the Hyatt will cost about $40, but if you PM me i'll give you a local cab company that is currently making the trip for $25... it's not a car service (which you would call ahead of time and say "here's my flight info and pick me up" but rather you call them when you land/get your luggage, tell them which terminal and door number you'll be in fron of, and they're usually there within 15 minutes or so (can be less as well if they have a current taxi heading toward the airport).

I'm also very familiar with the area (live less than 2 miles away) so if you need any help with things to do or getting around feel free to ask (there are also some Hoboken/Jersey City suggestions under the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE HOTEL LISTS forum).

Lastly... thank you very much for using the links at SavingsBarn.com :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]