Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Palazzo

fshwilli
By fshwilli,
in

Tried using the PRICELINE links on the site for 5* North or South and used some free rebid zones with no luck. Started at $85 and now the last bid was $125. Am I being too low for a weekend, or should I persevere? Whats a guesstimate for how much I am likely to be accepted on PL - (On HOTWIRE there is a 5* for $165 which I think is the Wynn, but I was hoping to get a cheaper rate on PRICELINE). Any advice. Thanks

I think rates have increased since you first started bidding and at the moment i think you're looking closer to $160-$180 for a deal. As an example of the rate increase, the Aria is currently not showing any availability for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Rates do change quickly in Vegas (perhaps more so then anywhere else in the country) so it may be worthwhile to continue trying, but i'd be happy you booked a back-up!

Keep us updated and let us know if any changes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The rates for this weekend are higher than any other weekend for the next 2 months. I am trying to get a room downtown bidding on priceline and have been unsuccessful as well so I called the golden nugget to find out whats up, they told me its a frenzy weekend because a bakers convention is coming to town. Good luck on getting your deal but I'm afraid its going to take more dough than expected.

Update! So I bid again today and started at $155. Got a counter offer saying offer $180. Decided to bid a little more and did $160, which came back counter offer $185! Bid $165 and again got a counter offer for $200!!! Has anyone come upon this situation where when you don't take their offer the counteroffer just keeps increasing??? Bizzare......so still no luck and will try again tomorrow. Any help on a bidding stratergie. Dont really want to go above $165.....

Staying within budget is definitely understandable, but I don't think you are far from a 5* win; you've bid up to $165; I think it may take $175-180 (although I'd try $170 first.) If you do not want to move higher beyond $165, you could wait and try again in a few days up to $165, but prices and availability can change in the meantime.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Used your PRICELINE links of course. Have tried the last few days starting at $150 and working up. Kept getting counter offer for $35 more on each bid I made, so it was like a moving target. With that in mind today I started low again, but when I hit $150 I got no counter offer. Bid in increments of $5, until $170 being my final bid and I got The Palazzo! I am excited. We did have The Aria on hold for roughly the same price but of course this will be a suite! Thanks for your help again. Rates on Expedia etc are close to $290.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]