Priceline Hotel: 3* Long Island-Suffolk County (Macarthur Airport ISP) Holiday Inn

Noela
By Noela,
in

Yeah,

I was looking for a 3.5* but ended up just booking this property for the upcoming labor day weekend.

I think this is an over-bid.... customer service is willing to cancel the reservation and refund the cancellation fee, minus $25. I would consider that.

What would you advice... cancel, pay $25 for the cancellation, and then start all over again for a 3.5*?

Anyhow, I use betterbidding's PRICELINE travel links.

rgds, Noela

Can you also confirm that the zone now in the title is the correct zone? Thanks.

I think this does seem like a mild overbid for these dates, with regular rates for this HI - if this is the HI at 3845 VETERANS MEMORIAL HIGHWAY - at $127.

If you were to cancel and rebid, you would only have a limited amount of chances to try again, but could possibly get a lower rate - HOTWIRE has a 3* in the Ronokonoma-Holtsville area for $89, and you could likely get a 3* in that area at least mildly under that amount using PRICELINE - maybe in the $77-84 range. I'm a little surprised they are allowing the option to cancel, but glad you were able to work something out.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, the zone is correct. Indeed, it is the HI @ 3845 Veterans Memorial Highway @ $127;

I was also surprised they are giving me that option, but I asked politely, and they would allow the option but punish you with cancellation fees of $25 + a portion of you offered bid, should you fail to win a rebid. So it is indeed punitive, particularly if you decide not to bid again.

Since I am considering rebidding, all i would lose is the $25, assuming I get a successful bid. I will consider it carefully.

thanks - Noela

Not sure i'm following... are you thinking of cancelling because you wanted a 3.5* property for this stay and accidentally bid for a 3*? Is that the only reason or does the location not work for your plans?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]