Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court) Nh Harrington Hall

bob1
By bob1,
in

Hi bob1, it would probably be good to start a new topic for your bid, which is separate than the original poster`s.

However, I would say that you should determine if you will really be okay with a London 3* hotel. Personally I have had good luck with them (because I`ve always gotten hotels that were later upgraded), but I know this star level can be a bit risky in London.

Also, you could use Mayfair as a `rebid`zone of sorts. It`s more likely that you will hit a hotel in a cheaper zone, but if you did get a hotel in Mayfair, you would have lucked out, given its super-convenient location.

Bid again $81 for Earls Court - Kensington for 3 nites at a four star hotel October 1 through October 4, 2010. Priceline countered with free bid at $101. Opted to rebid $83 for Earls Court-Kensington. Mayfair-Soho, NottingHill-Bayswater. Rejected.

Guess will go up to $89 in the future

Bob1

Rebids for London were Kensington - Earls Court at $85.00 rejected countered with free rebid at $110.00. Instead added Notting Hill-bayswater at $90.00 and rejected. Added Mayfair - Soho at $95.00 and rejected. All above bids were for a 4 star property. Attempted bids through this site for 10/1/10 to 10/04/10

Bob1

If you want to optimize your bidding i would use the following outline:

At the 4* level you do have one 'genuine' re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Kensington...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Notting Hill...

Select 4* Mayfair...

Select 4* Kensington and Notting Hill..

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Kensington and Mayfair..

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Kensington and Notting Hill and Mayfair..

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

You can adjust the bid prices however you'd like, but the above would be a good outline to follow, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Finally...My significant other decided to try making an offer on a London 4 star hotel for the 3 nights from october 1 to October 4, 2010 with Priceline (after my multiple rejections). I suggested she try $100 for Kensington-Earls Court and use this site. She immediately tried and offered $101 per night for the 4 star same dates (unfortunately she neglected to use this site - but after my further discussion she understood the need) and promised to use the site next time.

We got the 4 star NH Harrington Hall at 5-25 Harrington Hall about 2 blocks from Gloucester Road Tube Station. We had stayed at NH's nearby property of NH Kensington and were reasonably pleased with the location and facilities (through Priceline two years ago for substantially less money), but at least the NH Harrington Hall proerty has free wireless internet and seems reasonably located.

Bob1

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and that this should work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]