$201 MARRIOTT NEW YORK FINANCIAL DISTRICT

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

New York can be tough to bid on Priceline during peak fall season, so I wanted to share how I was able to obtain the rate of $201 for the New York Marriott Financial District.

First off, I have bid approximately once every 7-10 days up to $200 in MTW, MTE, Times Square and Downtown NYC zones on Priceline without success. I have bid both 3.5 and 4 star categories. There are also no reported wins for this time period on this site's Priceline/Hotwire calendar of wins.

I reserved directly on the Marriott.com website a refundable rate of $279 for Oct 30, 31 and $459 for Nov 1. EasyClickTravel.com is selling the same hotel for $229 Oct 30, 31 and $345 Nov 1. I filled out and submitted Marriott's "Look No Further" best rate guarantee claim form based on the lower rate w/EasyClickTravel. Marriott has one of the most liberal best rate guarantee programs in the industry as they will not only match a lower rate, but further discount it by another 25%. My claim was approved by Marriott for a rate of $172 for Oct 30, 31 and $258 for Nov 1 for a per-night average of $201.

My reservation with Marriott may be cancelled up to 24 hours before check-in without penalty. I will continue to bid on Priceline right up to the end in case I can do better than $200 as our travel dates become closer. If not, we'll keep the Marriott reservation and be happy we're not getting soaked during New York's peak fall season.

It's nice to have options and choices.

Good luck out there....

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]