Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mission Valley) Holiday Inn Select

ScottF12345
By ScottF12345,
in

I'm going to be down in San Diego from 5/21-5/26. There is a large convention going on as another member posted. I'm there for the convention so not much choice. I bid up to 75 for 4* with rebids and had my co-worker bid up to 75 for 3* after rebids. No luck. Before i give it another shot I was just wondering if, since i'll be paying more than i like to anyways, anyone can recommend some 4* hotels and some top notch 3* hotels to atleast try to really aim for. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

The zones im looking at are Downtown, Del Mar, Mission Valley area, and always coronado also hehe. Really I dont mind staying anywhere, I dont mind a commute to downtown each morning. Previous experiences have led me to believe you usually find nicer hotels outside of the city.

Really just any thought/opinions/input would be appreciated. Have 2 back to back shows up their and both are going to be difficult times to book, so just feeling out the options at the moment.

Thanks,

Scott

Well, as stated in a different post, i've tried what other users have tried.... then went up some more and still rejected... hit about 88 for 3*s and about 90 for 4*. Getting a little out of what i usually enjoy paying for priceline.

Have what im pretty sure is the Holiday Inn Selectin hotel circle on HOTWIRE for about 60 (range between 57-62). The reviews sound nice for the hotel and ive stayed in some decent holiday in selects, but personally if there is a shot at something better id definately like to go at it.

Basically by tomorrow, if i cant get anything else, im going to settle with Holiday Inn Select.

Thanks,

Scott

P.S. I have to find another room in the same area during another large conference from June 2nd or 3rd through the 7th or 8th. Think i may get started on those as well, seeing how tough it has been (somewhat last minute) for this conference hotel

Well heres what happened:

Looked at EasyClickTravel and actually it seems like a nice little site. Nice sponser to partner up with. They had the hyatt regency la jolla for 107.00 and the doubletree delmar for 91. Came EXTREMELY close to booking the hyatt regency except the parking through that off. The doubletree is a nice hotel i have stayed their before but the deciding factor was the hotwire holiday inn select price.

With all of these hotels on easyclicktravel I decided to Try priceline one more time up to 90 bucks for 3* and got nothing.

Used your link and went through hotwire to book the holiday inn select for 60.00 + 5.00 parking. Compared to 107+22parking.

Hope its a halfway decent holiday inn select... ive stayed at some pretty bad ones and some decent ones. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Scott

Just realized the hotel i got, holiday inn select, was a 2.5* on priceline. Was getting the holiday in mission valley and the holiday inn select confused..... guess thats what happens when your doing to many of these at once.

Most likely couldve gotten thoe holiday inn cheaper on priceline if i had done 2.5*s. Only think that because of past experience you can usually get stuff on hotwire a little cheaper on priceline.

Regards,

Scott

Is this the hotel you won?

3* Holiday Inn Select Hotel Circle

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Laundry

Are the amenities the same and listed as a Customer Favorite?

You can still view the amenities by going back to HOTWIRE and clicking on the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right portion of their home page.

Thanks for the post and for using our links! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the same Holiday Inn Select in Mission Valley, and there was an additional icon for internet. I've seen this hotel come up many times, and the internet icon seems to have been permanently added.

It's not a bad hotel as Holiday Inns go. Like you, I've stayed in some that weren't so nice. My biggest complaint would probably be that every time we've stayed there, there were LOTS of kids running around all the time. Holiday Inn is still perceived as a family hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]