Last Minute Travel - On Request Bookings

Wombat
By Wombat,
in

I booked on lastminutetravel.com for our New York hotel in October (read Beav's post for how to know what you're booking) yesterday, being early Friday morning US time. Our hotel was "on request", which takes 48 hours to confirm.

As I've seen on other posts a lot of confusion as to whether these on request bookings are even worth attempting, I thought I would post - we had the booking confirmed about 12 hours later, roughly close of business in Florida where Last Minute Travel are based. They did NOT email a confirmation - we noticed the credit card had been charged, logged into the website where it had changed to "confirmed", and rang the company to verify. The consultant promptly sent a confirmation email to us as we hadn't received one.

While I wouldn't normally expect a reply before the 48 hours they indicate, we were very impressed and are happily confirmed at the W Times Square for $345 p/night. We had very low hopes and were delighted to be proved wrong, and the excellent customer service didn't hurt.

• 5 weeks later...

I just used it for my trip to Vegas, which I just returned from. I stayed at the Westin Casurina, I felt like they took forever to send the confirmation e-mail but I went on their website and saw the confirmation probably 24 hours later. Then called them up to double confirm it.

I wish they'd be faster at confirming, that's my only complaint. It felt a little shady having to keep checking. The hotel was completely sold out the entire weekend, surprised I got it! The hotel even upgraded me to a higher floor and I had a nice view, and I had a slightly larger accessible room. They obviously didn't care where I booked my room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]