Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis (Downtown), Holiday Inn Metrodome

ilikedeals
By ilikedeals,
in

Bid for a friend.

This was a bid made for downtown but this hotel is on the other side of the metrodome near the University. There is also a University/Metrodome zone, which I did not bid for.

I contacted Priceline and they said too bad, it's still considered downtown. I wrote an email asking them to look at restructuring as not to confuse and mislead customers. I doubt they'll listen. I've seen this hotel come up in the University/Metrodome zone also, so wouldn't this constitute deception?

Bid $50

3 nights

Taxes & fees $26.13

Total $176.13

As zones don't overlap each other, this hotel should only come up in one zone. It is possible that the hotel appeared in a different zone in the past but now appears in this one due to the zone boundaries being re-defined.

I believe your only recourse is if the hotel is not within the current boundaries specified, which has happened a few times in the past, and i've seen Priceline cancel the reservation as a result (as it was their fault). You can see a close-up map by clicking on 'Area Details' next to the name of the zone, but i think you probably already knew that.

I'm sure your friend is happy with the price none-the-less.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

They were still quite happy with the hotel and enjoyed their stay.

I still say this is misleading for Priceline to have a University Metrodome zone and get a hotel in that area when bidding for downtown (across the highway). Yes the downtown zone barely includes this hotel, but it's still an oddity.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]