Benefits to being Older than Dirt

JanetNC
By JanetNC,
in

Westin has had a "birthday" celebration all this year at many properties, with some limitations on days of week, but quite good.

We used it at a Texas Westin in the spring for four days.

The deal is a base room rate one night & your "birth year" the second night, which for my DH is "48".

So at Westin Whistler, this ($169+48) netted an average rate of $109, better than Hotwire and we get Starwood points, etc.

I'm now searching for Victoria, BC and HOTWIRE has the Grand Pacific Hotel for $165.

Hotel website offers a "Senior Moment"...pay $200 minus your age, so $141 for us...finally, it pays to get old!

(I, of course, am much younger, but if you "qualify", check hotel websites under "offers" for senior deals ;-)

I really hadn't thought about other hotels extending Westin's marketing bid for seniors, but now will check around more.

Does anyone know of one site that lists good "senior" deals like these?

Alas, didn't read the "fine print" on the Grand Pacific senior deal...it applies only to BC residents.

However, note they also have a special offering a $25 "transportation credit" per night up until Aug 31, bringing the $189 standard room rate down to $164, still less than the HOTWIRE rate and w/o fees.

The Westin birthday deals are usually quite good if available for the days needed, e.g. Whistler offer was not available with Fri/Sat check-in.

After fabulous stay at Westin Whistler using "Birthday" deal,average rate of $109, tried to do same at Westin Victoria.

Helpful front desk there indicated that Sat night was sold out of lowest rate room, so the Birthday special or a great Last Minute rate they had of $119 per night was not available, however, the buy two, get one night free was. Booked two nights at $199, so now heading to Westin Victoria for average rate of $133 for three days. Better than rates seen on HOTWIRE for this August weekend in Victoria area.

Thank you for the tip about using your link to start my Westin searches..I always use your two PRICELINE and HOTWIRE bidding links but didn't know about starting other searches here. We are at the Westin Bear Mountain now..gorgeous room and internet/parking/fitness/pool/etc. all included in a $15 resort fee. It's about a half hour from Victoria but we love this location ..better than being downtown at Inner Harbour.

I'll write a review when we return..Janet

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]