Priceline Hotel: 3* Bellingham Best Western Lakeway Inn

Karen O
By Karen O,
in

Hello All,

I originally booked one night via PRICELINE bidding and now need a second night. When trying to extend at the original accepted price ($50) as was offered on my trip information page, the original price was no longer available and another price of $78 was given to me if I accepted right then. I turned it down, thinking I would just bid on someplace else. However, now after some planning would like that hotel for the 2nd night. Does anyone know if I'm able to try the extend offer again once I've turned it down, to date I have not been able to, will that change with time, or does it stand as so?

I hope this is understood!!

I would appreciate any feedback one may have to offer!

Happy Travels,

KO

Please follow-up your Hotwire Toronto thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread with the city/location you're trying to book the additional nite (have you posted this win to the board as the only upcoming stay i see is in Prince George... but that is a 2 nite stay an daobve you reference you only purchased one nite for the stay you're referencing)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I thought it was just a general question, thus the lack of details.

The second night that I need is in reference to a stay in Bellevue, WA.

I've posted the original win.

Via your PRICELINE link, my $50 bid for one night (Sept 1 - 2) was accepted. The hotel is Coast Bellevue Hotel 3*. I would now like to stay there the next night (Sept 2 - 3), I tried extended it with the "would you like to extend at the same price" option, but wasn't extended the same price, they came back with $78, which I declined, now wish I had taken it...I didn't know how that feature worked, but it seems once you decline their counter-offer once, you don't get to put in for an extend at the same hotel again. So, my question is - is there a way to get that offer of extension again?

Thanks for any help provided.

KO

When did you try to extend the stay?

If it was recently (within the last 2-3 days) i would potentially bid $78, risking an overbid, since you know that was a 'good' price for that hotel just a few days prior... but as your winning priceline bid was made 3+ months ago, if your attempt to extend was made weeks ago, i would just bid for the lowest price (and risk changing hotels) since so much can change in pricing over a few weeks time (ie- the longer it has been since you turned down the counter-offer the greater the chance that pricing has changed and you risk and overbid for a hotel other then the Coast)

The other option is to search HOTWIRE and see if what is offered for your additional date can be reasonably guessed to be the Coast. It may cost you a little more than the least expensive PRICELINE bid, but it will give you the ability to try to target the same hotel.

Lastly, i see that Hotels.com is having a Seattle Sale at the moment and the Coast is available for your additonal nite (9/2-9/3 i presume) for $104 if you'd rather pay a little more to ensure the same hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Hotels.com link if you go that route)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Karen O

No, you only got one chance to do this. You can try to bid but there's nothing that says that you will get the same hotel.

Yellowdog.

Thanks, Yellowdog. I'll now know for next time!

KO

I think I am going to ditch the Bellevue, downtown Seattle hotel attempts and trying bidding on a hotel in Bellingham, WA., via your PRICELINE link. We have to stay in the U.S. for 48 hours to take advantage of the tax free goods that we'll be able to bring back into Canada by doing so. Anyway, Bellingham will be on the way so I think I'll try there. The Seattle area is a bit overwhelming for me trying to figure out all the different areas. I'll look at all three sites PRICELINE, HOTWIRE and Hotels.com via betterbidding to complete this night's stay.

Thank you again!

KO

Seattle really isn't that confusing, but each area is a somewhat different experience depending upon the needs of your stay. If you'd like further help for Seattle, or assistance for Bellingham, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC in the Priceline Washington (state) section of the board.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding and travel purchases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hello All,

For a one night extension to our stay in Washington, I looked farther north as that's where our journey is taking us.

Bid for Bellingham, WA for one night - Thursday, September 2 - Friday, September 3. Highest star choice offered was 3, so that's what I bid on.

First bid $55 - rejected

Second bid $59 - rejected

Third bid $63 - accepted

All bids were placed 24 hours after the previous bid.

Looks like a pretty nice place, actually.

Happy Travels!

KO

Follow up on this hotel win was started as a new thread - 3* Bellingham, WA - in the appropriate place.

Thanks for the help!

KO

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]