Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Disney Maingate-Celebration) Gaylord Palms

arbitrageur
By arbitrageur,
in

Before suggesting a bidding straegy, would you be interested in what i believe to be the Hyatt Grand Champions (Omni at Champions Gate) for $102/nite? If so, you could either purchase this without bidding on PRICELINE OR you could at least lower your maximum bid amount accordingly.

Note that this is in PRICELINE's Disney Maingate - Celebration zone, so not in the "Downtown Disney" zone you mentioned above, so don't know if this would work for your plans or not.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Omni might be too far from where I wanted to be, but I'll keep it in mind as a back up in case things don't work out. I think I'd like to try bidding separately for a 3.5* in the Downtown Disney area with a max of $100. I'm having second thoughts about booking a resort and paying the associated fees if I'm not planning on spending a lot of time within the resort.

Keep in mind that in today's tough economic times more and more properties are charging 'resort fees' regardless if classified as a "resort class" hotel or not... you could be faced with resort fees at just about any star level you bid.

At the 3.5* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Downtown Disney...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $53, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown Disney and re-bid zone4...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown Disney and re-bid zone5...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown Disney and re-bid zone4 and re-bid zone5...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $83

I'd start with the above. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to add a couple things - Priceline's Downtown Disney Zone also includes the Lake Buena Vista area, so your winning bid may not give you a hotel that is considered one of the Downtown Disney hotels (which I believe are the Hilton, Buena Vista Palace, Holiday Inn, Regal Sun, Best Western, Doubletree Suites and Regal Sun). Most would consider these hotels to have better transportation to the parks than most other off-site (non-Disney resorts) hotels. You also have the ability to walk to Downtown Disney from these hotels and use Disney's transportation system, although this generally requires taking two buses or a bus and the monorail or the bus and a walk - as Disney's Downtown Disney transportation just goes to the Disney resorts (most likely to prevent people from parking at Downtown Disney for free to avoid the parking fees at the parks). In any case, you can not guarantee receiving a Downtown Disney hotel by Priceline bidding.

Its seem that most hotels around Disney, SeaWorld, Univeral and the Convention center are charging resort and/parking fees. Its less likely the lower the star rating, but even some at the 2* and 2.5* levels have these charges. But the lower the star rating, as a general rule the lower the fee will be. There is no way to tell on Priceline when you bid whether the hotel has a resort fee or a parking fee and what the amount would be.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I saw some of the wins for Gaylord Palms, and tried bidding in that area using the PRICELINE link. Rejected at $60, $65, $67, $68, $69. Finally accepted at $70.

Gaylord Palms

Disney Maingate - Celebration

6000 West Osceola Parkway

Kissimmee, Florida 34746

407-586-0000

Check-In Date:

Thu, Oct 7, 2010 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Oct 10, 2010 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $70.00

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes & Fees: $37.26

Total Charges*: $247.26

Thanks for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

An excellent deal for this property... and well within your budget!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this should work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]