Hotwire Hotel: HELP! Need to ID 4* Midtown Central

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

I'm not having much luck with Priceline for a NYC stay 6/14-17, so I went to Hotwire and found this mystery hotel. I can't find any 4* with a Spa, but no pool. AAA book and Travelocity can't help because they don't have SPA info. Help me ID it quick so I can decide today.

4* Midtown Central $125

Amentities: restaurant, fitness center, business

center, spa

I thought maybe the Sheraton Manhattan, but it has pool. The only spa hotels I've seen come up on Hotwire boards are in different areas - Westin Times Square and LeParker Meridien.

I guess no one else can figure this out either given the high number of you who have viewed this post. I checked all the Hotwire package hotels for these dates and none are 4* and the only one with a spa is almost surely the 4.5* Le Parker Meridien, which is on the package this weekend.

So can we draw any Hotwire conclusions from this? such as:

1) Sometimes Hotwire makes a mistake in the star rating or

amentities list;

2) Hotwire has added a new 4* hotel to Midtown Central

that none of our research can identify; or

3) Hotwire's identified package hotels don't match the non-package

annonymous hotels they offer on the same dates.

I'm not willing to take the chance on it given Hotwire's sometimes inflated star ratings, but I hope someone else will buy this hotel soon and tell us what it is.

So can we draw any Hotwire conclusions from this? such as:

1) Sometimes Hotwire makes a mistake in the star rating or

amentities list;

2) Hotwire has added a new 4* hotel to Midtown Central

that none of our research can identify; or

3) Hotwire's identified package hotels don't match the non-package

annonymous hotels they offer on the same dates.

Not all hotels that participate in the "Hotel" product participate in the "Package" product.

So if i interpret your list correctly, #3 is your WINNER!

I have seen one example so far where the amenities of the hotel product didn't match the package product, so although possible, i don't believe that thinking that Hotwire has made a mistake is a good bet.

I did try searching on Expedia and Orbitz to help with this, but 'Spa' is a fairly vague term and it is hard to determine exactly what is required for Hotwire to show this icon, so it wasn't much help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I figured it out. The hotel is the New York Hilton a/k/a Hilton Towers. I just got back and saw an ad by the elevator for "Spa Services". Hilton doesn't have Hi-Speed Internet in all rooms so that is why Hotwire probably is not listing that amenity.

Priceline beat Hotwire for the Hilton for my dates.

Hotwire $125 Priceline $93

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]