Hotwire Hotel: Family area

marthashoe
By marthashoe,
in

If you'll be trying for a 4*, I think any zone within DC proper would probably work, as none of the 4*'s are really in the thick of the nighlife. The ones in Dupont Circle/Woodley Park and Georgetown/Foggy Bottom are closest, but they're still a bit set apart from it (with the 4*'s in Dupont Circle/Woodley Park being in a fairly residential setting).

If you're interested in 3*, I'd avoid Dupont Circle/Woodley Park and Georgetown/Foggy Bottom.

With two young children, Crystal City might interest you, as it's very near the best mall in the entire metro area, Fashion Centre, which has a great food court, movie theaters, etc. It's also generally less expensive than staying in town and all the hotels have pools, except that a couple may be outdoor only.

I agree that Crystal City is a good place with children, with Pentagon City mall (Fashion Centre) and easy access to metro. Another thought would be to stay close to the White House/Cap Hill since the museums and monuments are literally at your door step and there are bars in the area, but most are busy during happy hour only as Hill staffers and govt workers prepare to head home.

As a Washingtonian, I can tell you that there really isn't any "crazy nightlife" with the possible exception of Adams Morgan... and there aren't really any hotels in the that immediate area. Even areas with a plethora of bars/nightlife like Clarendon/Ballston or Georgetown are not "rowdy" on the streets after hours.

Please feel free to ask any other specific questions... I am happy to help!

PS- Travel Guy... I don't agree that Pentagon City is the best mall in the area!! Tysons and the Mazza Gallerie are the better spots, in my opinion!

PS- Travel Guy... I don't agree that Pentagon City is the best mall in the area!!  Tysons and the Mazza Gallerie are the better spots, in my opinion!

Mazza and Tysons certainly have their advantages, but I generally find Fashion Centre, the newest of the three, to offer the best experience overall.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]