Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

I would like to try for the Hyatt on the Hudson (understanding their are no guarantees) for Monday and Tuesday June 20th and 21st.

Could you please confirm that after going to New Jersey on Priceline, the zone to choose is Newark rather than Jersey City. Dumb question, I know, but I'm very ignorant about the area.

A bidding strategy would be much appreciated.

We will be leaving NY for Boston by Amtrak on Wednesday morning and I think the Path from NJ would be very easy to Penn Station. Am I correct?

Many thanks

The correct zone is: Jersey City, NJ (if you put that in the text box it will recognize it as such)

I would bid as follows:

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $46, if rejected lower to 2.5* and...

Bid $48.

If rejected wait 72 hours, and try again as follows:

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $48, if rejected lower to 2.5* and...

Bid $55 (slight chance of the Courtyard here, but still close to PATH access).

If that is rejected i would take the 3.5* offering thru HOTWIRE.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- yes, PATH to Penn Station is easy

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did bid $48 straight away with the thought that, this early on, we didn't want to risk the 2.5 stars. Our thoughts were that we would try the 48 and 55 you suggested at the end of the 72 hour wait but we didn't have to do that.

Yes. it's great to get all this done in such a short time thanks to you and to this site. Actually it's not our whole trip, however. We're going to Washington prior to NY and to Boston after NY.

I'm planning on trying for those cities very soon - probably this weekend

Thereuare,

just curious...

why do you suggest an increase in a re-bid for a lower rated zone, as you did in my case and this gentleman's.

is to guaranteee a higher rated choice - that is by bidding higher, you could get bumped into a higher zone?

cheers..Noela

Thereuare,

just curious...

why do you suggest an increase in a re-bid for a lower rated zone, as you did in my case and this gentleman's.

is to guaranteee a higher rated choice - that is by bidding higher, you could get bumped into a higher zone?

cheers..Noela

This zone is an exception to the typical 'rule' based upon the limited number of hotels in the zone and knowledge of where each typically accepts.... at $48 i didn't expect any 2.5* hotels to accept that price. There are also no re-bids in this area, so this is a 'pseudo re-bid', although there is a risk that a new hotel will appear or a 2.5* hotel starts to accept at lower rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]