Hotwire Hotel: wisconsin dells 2.3 and 3 star ID?

kirikara
By kirikara,
in

OK, so it looks amazing to me that noone has reported a win at the wisconsin dells..!

anway I am trying to help a friend who is taking her kid and a friend.

I found the following

2.5 star wis dells

pool

breakfast

laundry

business center

gym

high spped internet

for $103

I was thikning it could the holiday in express. would love that..

or the 3 star resort

resort

fitness

pool

restaurant

laundry

business

golf nearby

spa

for $175..

Any ideas??

Thanks everyone!

I don't think we see much activity here as most users are not willing to spend $100+ on a 2.5* hotel nor $175+ for a 3*... is your friend prepared/expecting to pay this?

Please add a reply to this thread with the dates of stay as well as if you're searching the above for triple occupancy or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this HOTWIRE link before replying, and ask your friend to use the links here as well if she uses PRICELINE or HOTWIRE)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, sorry for missing the dates!

it is for THIS weekend 08/13 through 08/15. 1 adult, 2 kids..

She is fully ready to pay that much as everything else is way more expensive at this point..

But we do have the chula vista resort on Hotels.com for 219, so while it seems really pricey it is a sure bet.

I would rather get her a better deal thought, trying to help :)

A few notes:

1. Devil's Lake State Park (website) is really gorgeous and not far from the Dells. The small Pewitt's Nest nature area is also gorgeous.

2. Nothing has been ID'd/reported to the board in the Dells; my guess is that the 2.5* may be the HI Express; while the tripadvisor rating isn't an exact match, the ratings aren't updated live and I believe this had a 4/5 tripadvisor rating in the past. The 3* resort MAY be the Chula Vista or Raintree, but that's just a guess.

The Dells is a lot of fun; I have great memories (and one very funny not so great one that still sticks with me 20 years or so later) of it from my childhood. However, there have been few discussions of it on the board. I think - as noted above - the very high hotel cost for what the hotels in the area offer may keep some people away. The Dells is vastly cheaper in the off-season, but there's also nothing really going on in the off season. Maybe people stay an hour away in Madison (which is vastly cheaper) and then head up to the Dells for the day?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the Dells has become the WaterPark Capitol of the world, there is not much of an off season. Even Motel 6 is over $50 in the off season. The old attractions are still there but many folks just stay at their hotel and play in the waterpark. The best deal is the WinterGreen resort when they include the Mt. Olympus Waterpark and amusement park passes. Mt. Olympus is huge with indoor and outdoor waterpark and rides including roller coasters and go karts.

I live in Madison, and there aren't many cheap hotel deals here. East Towne Suites is decent - on Hotwire and about 45 minutes from the Dells. The catch is that if you add waterpark passes at $25-$30 each, the prices in the Dells may not be that bad, IF you have kids that want to be in the waterpark, With no kids, I would still recommend the Wintergreen. Or split your time between the Dells and Madison -

In Madison, we have a new amazing Childrens museum and a free zoo that has a carousel and kids area - next year a petting zoo will return in a barn exhibit.

We are planning ahead for a family reunion in August 2011 and got a good group rate at Great Wolf but only because we have 6 rooms and a meeting room planned.

I have stayed at the Kalahari for a conference - lots of walking there and food is premium priced on top of the high rates.

Good luck to all.

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]