Priceline Hotel: 3* Trenton (Princeton-Monmouth Jct) Harrison Centr

Noela
By Noela,
in

I don't know exactly where Dupont Court is, but this is how i would bid for the zone closest to Princeton, athough this strategy is somewhat different than if you were bidding a few weeks/months in advance of your stay:

Select 3* Princeton - Monmouth Junction

Bid $45, if rejected lower star rating to 2.5* and...

Bid $40.

If rejected there is a 3* on HOTWIRE for about $55/nite.

Any questions regarding the above feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you tell us the amount of your original bid? Your post reads you won at $35 but the topic title shows $49. As there are no re-bids available in this zone, what zone did you originally bid and what zone did you add?

What are the actual dates of this stay also... your first post indicates 3/17-3/19 but you title is showing either 3/18 or 3/18-3/20.

Thanks for adding this hotel to our lists.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Thanks for the response.

Ok, first I bid $35 for Princeton - Monmouth Junction and was rejected - they wanted an increase of $9.

Then i followed the strategies adviced here - close the browser, went back into priceline, and selected one of the adjoining areas

Langhorne - Trenton - Levittown as well as South Brunswick - Cranbury areas had up to 3* upscale hotels, compared to my original area which had up to 4 stars.

So i bid re-bid $30 in Princeton - Monmouth Junction, was told it was too low, then increased it to 35, i think, and it was accepted - with taxes/fees, the total came to $49.

-- did i do it right?

Re the dates, originally, i was going to stay from thursday night to saturday morning- but my presentation had to be re-scheduled - hence the change in dates from friday night. But now, I wish i had booked from the thursday night so i could visit some friends around. Is it possible to have it adjusted?

cheers.

/Noela

Not exactly what i recommended but as long as it all worked out.... as i still don't follow everything, let's at least make sure we have the details correct:

This is a 3 star hotel

It is in the Princeton-Monmouth Junction zone

Your bid amount was $35

It was for one nite 3/18

Is the above correct?

You can try using the "add a nite feature" of priceline to see if you can get this hotel for an additional nite. Go to their website and under help do a search for 'add a nite'

actually, all correct, except the bid amount was 37: here is the process.

1st Attempt: 35 at Mormout Junction - rejected; raised it to 40 it was still considered low, saying the average hotel costs around 120.

2nd Attempt - change zone to a different area - (which had only up to 3** hotel) and bid again at 35 - they wanted an increase. i raised it to 37 and it was accepted.

But then the hotel i got was not in the second area, but in -- the Mormouth Junction (where i had my first bid).

hope it is clearer now ..

if i add one more nite, thursday night (3/17), would it be at the same price ($37) ?

/Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]