www.lowestfare.com anyone know about this site

knly00
By knly00,
in

I just talked to CSR at priceline.com i was getting a message to wait 72 hours before bidding or change some of the info. I had waited 4 days so i called them the lady i talked to told me to change the email or CC# and try it again. If that didn't work go to www.lowestfare.com and bid there it was another site of priceline.com.

Anyone else know anything about it being a site of theres.

Priceline owns the site.

Edit: I was wrong. It looks like you can access the Priceline interface through Lowestfare.com, and when you look for a hotel, that's what you get by default. I'm not sure where the fixed-price options come in then.

Edit again: You have Option 1 and Option 2 on the Hotels page. Option 1 on the left gives you Priceline bidding. Option 2 lets you do conventional, fixed-price bookings.

It is a waste of time .... there prices are generally high and are nothing compared to the savings of PL. The only good rates are their flight options that only appear in your counter-offer after bidding on PL for a flight.

Example ... after bidding on PL for BUF to LAX, I got an offer from Lowestfare for $222 BUT if you go directly to Lowestfare and search the flight, their price is $304.

I took a look at their Swedish hotel prices (since I haven't succeeded at all on Priceline). The rates and hotels offered are more or less equivalent to those I've seen on lots of other consolidator sites. None of the prices were better.

One catch - although most of the hotels listed are for the correct Swedish city, a few of them (with low prices naturally) are for a US hotel in a town with the same Swedish name. That's despite the fact that I chose Sweden as the country.

In the FAQ hotel section on PL the site refers to lowestfare.com as its "partner" and suggests using it if you want a specific hotel - as opposed to the PL gamble. I thought the site was helpful in getting more lower available fares so I could make a more informed PL bid.

• 1 month later...

In dealing with priceline, I have been forwarded to this site. I usually check airline fares on a daily basis (cincinnati is a VERY expensive city to fly out of) and have added this site to my list to check. Last week, I got a great deal ($329pp) that only this site offered. Everything else was much higher. I even tried biddiing on PL for a few dollars less and they rejected it. The fares doubled the next day.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]