Priceline Hotel: San Diego Boundaries

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

I'm surprised that PRICELINE has not redefined it's Boundaries in San Diego. For example, the Coastal area runs all the way from La Jolla on the North to Mission Beach on the South. It is far too large an area for those of us who want to stay in Mission Beach and those of us who would choose La Jolla.

Another nonsensical area is "Downtown San Diego and Harbor Island". If we want downtown, for business or other reasons, we do not want to stay on Harbor Island, quite far from downtown, and vice versa.

Also, how about "Point Loma, Shelter Island, and Old Town. Totally different atmospheres, once again.

Perhaps we should email PRICELINE regarding our dissatisfaction with the Boundaries (I know we all are dissatisfied) and possibly they will change them, or maybe not. But let's try.

BTW, I will be bidding on a hotel in San Diego and will share my results with the Forum, of course. But I may be bidding HOTWIRE, where I can define La Jolla, for instance.

Regards,

Donna

• 7 months later...

I'm in complete agreement with Priceline's map boundaries in many cities. Usually they narrow them down in the 'name your own price' areas, but not always. I've had the same problem with airport areas when I travel. Sometimes when I fly that involves a a connecting flight, I like to stop either way in a city to break up the trip or even visit a new place. I love to visit major league baseball parks and museums, for example. If I stay near the airport, I can rent a car and drive where I want to go. If Priceline deposits me 20-30 miles from the airport, I spend most of my time in commuting, and taxi trips usually exceed the price of a car rental.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]