BOS Boston Fullsize Alamo

perha45
By perha45,
in

I just completed a rental at the BOS airport for a full-size car. The "rock-bottom" price quoted by HOTWIRE was $30.95 per day. It turned out to be an Alamo rental (what I suspected all along), and their regular price is $39.10 per day. Prepay at Alamo and the rate goes down to $31.28. A saving of 33 cents per day is not really a rock-bottom price in my book.

Before bidding on PRICELINE or accepting a price on HOTWIRE, you should really exhaust any and all discounts made available to you through the provider’s websites as well as direct calls. Many times I have found hotels running specials that are less then what is the going price for PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. Not long ago I booked a Resort though the hotel web site. Hotwire was 10.00 less but the hotel was throwing in a 100.00 dining credit. It’s always a good idea to check into specials and not always assume the oblique travel sites are the best price. You will be surprised at how competitive some companies are at beating the lowest price, either through promotions or extras when booking direct.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]