Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Le Meridien

slruud
By slruud,
in

Twice since the first of the year, I booked what appeared to be the Omni hotel in San Francisco's Embarcadero zone, and got Le Meridien. Le Meridien is supposed to be on my blocked hotel list, and I even called beforehand this time and was told as such. The first time, they booked me into the Omni, I assume via Hotels.com and ate the difference in cost. This time I was told the only hotel they had available was the Hyatt, which did not meet with my plans, so they refunded my booking.

The amenities associated with the Le Meridien were, restaurant, busines center, fitness center, and internet. Both Omni and Le Meridien both appear to get 95% ratings, so it looks like no sure thing in this zone, even with a hotel block.

I did access HOTWIRE via the link on this site.

Thanks.

Sorry to see the "block" didn't work, but glad to see it was easily resoled.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite and the dates of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title (even though this hotel was cancelled the info may still benefit another users)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Steve, sorry that happened, but I'm glad they refunded you so that you can start over again. Good luck on the second go-around!

Mods: Should this be moved to the SF Hotwire board? I confuse easily, so it took me awhile to realize it wasn't a Priceline booking!

BEAV,

Just wish the rep this time would just have booked me into the Omni like the previous one. I don't mind paying a higher rate, considering all the free nights I've been getting.

Just spent this past weekend in The City, and want to let you know about a new restaurant just around the corner of the Omni, or Le Meridien for that matter on Sacramento. The Wayfare Tavern, owned by Tyler Florence. The place was busy as heck, and no downstream menu. I thought the economy was in trouble, but someone can afford a $18 burger and $22 fried chicken.

Right next door is an Irish pub scheduled to open in a couple of weeks. Some very astute restaunteurs, planning for the recovery rather than dwelling on the recession.

Happy travels.

SteveR

Le Meridien is supposed to be on my blocked hotel list, and I even called beforehand this time and was told as such.

How does a blocked hotel list work? Is this on Hotwire? An explanation would be appreciated for newbies! Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE links: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Check and Research Hotel Rates at: BetterChecker.com

HOTWIRE has a program for select/frequent users (you have to be invited, you can't sign-up or request) where if you can put hotels that you have previously purchased on a "block list" for the future... these hotels shouldn't appear on a future hotel search.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]