Hotwire Hotel: 3* Palm Beach (North PB Oceanfront-Singer Island) Palm Beach Shores

RenHoek
By RenHoek,
in

Just browsing Hotwire for a possible trip from NJ

Hollywood, FL - Thu, Nov 4 to Sun, Nov 7

I always wanted to stay at the Westin. This time, two additional hotels came up:

2.5-star hotel in Hollywood Beach $49

Beachfront

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Clicking the "See all" link show the above amenities plus: Kitchenette

"We are still gathering reviews for this property"

2-star hotel in Hollywood Beach $79

Beachfront

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

"We are still gathering reviews for this property"

I don't remember ever seeing other beachfront hotels for Hollywood Beach, now there are these two. Nothing is listed on the Hotwire Hotel List, except Westin & Crowne Plaza. A quick search of the board revealed nothing.

Are these unreported yet? I just searched Hollywood beach for tonight (8/8/10), and the 2.5 star beachfront came up as $69.

Any idea what the 2.5* is??

Yes, the 2.5* is a match for the Ramada Hollywood Beach. Very nice location but the rooms are not very fun if you want to go with the Westin standard.

The 2* is not yet reported/ID'd to the board.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

• 1 month later...

I am hoping to get the Hyatt Place or Summerfield Suites in the FLL Airport area

Dates: 11/3 - 11/6

I have $10 bonus cash available

Started my bidding at $45 + $10 Bonus = $55, rejected

Rebid adding Pompano (only 2 star per Priceline Hotel List

$47 + $10 Bonus = $57, rejected

Added Hollywood. No three star, maybe, according to the Priceline hotel list, there is a listing under

Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood)

3* Holiday Inn (3* no longer offered in this zone)

Bid $50 + $10 bonus = $60 and still rejected!!

I see other have gotten this area for about $48 bucks for same dates. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, I forgot I inquired about this trip two months ago.....I finally booked the airline from LGA to FLL, now I'm ready to book the hotel.

It looks like my chances for the Westin are low. Too much risk getting the Crowne Plaza, and I'm not keen on paying $20 bucks a day for parking for either one! I played around with Hotwire, and it looks like I could get the Westin Golf Resort for the last day of my stay 11/5 - 11/6 for $89. We drove by it last time, and it looked luxe! However, I'm not moving hotels during our stay, so that's out too.

So, I've changed my search to try and get the FLL Hyatt Place Airport, or Summerfield Suites via Priceline. It's only a few miles from the beach, and free parking saves a lot. I'm traveling with my two teenage daughters, and we love Hyatt Place because it's enough room for dad and daughters.

I've seen others get similar dates for $48 bucks, so how come my $60 bucks ($50 + $10 bonus) got rejected? I'm always suspect of Priceline's "bonus cash" deal...they could just reject your bid until your "real cash" = the price they want.

I'm a little afraid of my Priceline rebid zones. Are we pretty sure that there is only a 2* in Pompano and no 3* in Hollywood? I'm using Hollywood as my re-bid zone now.

I know you combined my posts, but it's really a different animal now.

Last time, I made a small donation to betterbidding.com via Paypal through the "donate" link at the top of the page to thank you for all your help!

I know this post is long, but I'm trying to get a big enough room and not get hosed! I'll probably try and re-bid on Priceline tonight @ 6 pm.

Regards.

:) Ugh, add a new "hotel" to your Priceline list, please:

3* Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas

11/3 - 11/6

$80 + $10 Bonus cash = $90/day

I started with Singer Island $60 + $10 Bonus cash = $70 Rejected

Added Jupiter 70+10 = 80 rejected

Added Central Palm Beach 80 + 10 = 90 accepted.

Not exactly what I wanted. Sux that I wanted a hotel, and not a timeshare/hotel.

I guess I have to make the best of it. I'm reading reviews now, and they're mixed.

I couldn't use your links because of the bonus cash, which does not show up in my account / rewards. I'll getcha next time.

Sorry to hear this wasn't what you were looking for.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up on our stay: The Palm Beach Shores Resort was pretty decent. One bedroom suite, king bed, queen pullout couch in living room. The reviews on Tripadvisor are accurate. They charge $6 / day for valet parking and $1/day for safe. It is a timeshare property, so no daily maid service. Overall, a little more than I wanted to pay, but $100 bucks a night for a beachfront hotel is good.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]