Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (University Washington-Northgate) Silver Cloud University

miriamicus
By miriamicus,
in

Won 3* Seattle (Downtown) Silver Cloud University...

Thanks for the post and sharing your win.

The Silver Cloud University is in the Univ of Washington-Northgate zone... can you please confirm if this is the zone you bid OR did you win a different Silver Cloud property in the Downtown zone? (if the latter which one)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your request for clarification. My bid was indeed for the Silver Cloud Inn University and PRICELINE did have it in the Seattle Downtown zone. I do also understand that on other sites this hotel is listed in the University District. I had initially been bidding in the Northgate area, failed at $99, added downtown and upped my bid by $1 to be successful at $100.

Thanks for your interest.

I do also understand that on other sites this hotel is listed in the University District.
PRICELINE has clearly defined boundaries which make up their zones and the hotel is either in the zone or out of the zone... this property is within the boundaries of the (University of Washington-Northgate) zone, so i don't believe they would arbitrarily place it in the Downtown zone.

If you look at your winning bid confirmation page, what does it say below the hotel name but above the hotel address?

I had initially been bidding in the Northgate area, failed at $99, added downtown and upped my bid by $1 to be successful at $100.
I'm guessing that $99 was not enough for this hotel, but $100 was, and when you increased your bid to $100 and included the Downtown zone, you were awarded the Silver Cloud in the Northgate zone.

Can you please confirm the address of this property and what it states on your winning bid conifrmation page between the hotel name and address.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your interest and request for clarification about what I posted regarding my winning bid. Here is exactly what is listed in my winning bid confirmation page:

Silver Cloud Inn University

5036 25Th Avenue Ne

Seattle, WA 98105

206-526-5200

There was nothing between the hotel name and address. I did do yet another hotel search on Priceline to triple check how Priceline has categorized Silver Cloud University. It appears as:

Silver Cloud Inn University

***Seattle, WA (Seattle Downtown)

It appears from Priceline's categorization and my experience bidding that Priceline really has included this hotel in Seattle Downtown rather than Univ of Washington - Northgate. Strange, but true. You are certainly welcome to do your own search on that. I am delighted to be staying at Silver Cloud Inn University during the busy Labor Day weekend. It looks like a fine hotel.

"Downtown" is zone in PRICELINE's "retail" listings... and these zones are different then what you selecting when "naming your own price".

I see that this property is in the Downtown zone in the retail listings, but it is in neither the "Downtown-Pike Place" or "Seattle Center-Space Needle" zones when using the bidding side of their service... it's in the UofW-Northgate zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]