Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle Downtown Pikes Place

davisbru
By davisbru,
in

I'm about to bid Priceline for the first time and want a 4* in Seattle Downtown Pikes Place or Seattle Centre. I believe that neither Seatac nor Lake Union zones have 3.5* or 4* property, and therefore I can safely use these as rebid zones. Am I on the right track? Also, when looking at the Priceline map, I didn't see that I was able to separate Downtown/Pikes Place and Seattle Centre/Space Needle in order to see which star levels were in each. Any suggestions?

You've got a rough idea, but the details need a little tuning. To determine "safe rebid zones" you want to get into Priceline (via the PRICELINE link above) and get to the bidding map. Then you want to click on ONE AREA AT A TIME, seeing just how high the star levels are in it. CLICK OFF the area you just looked at, and click on a new one. You will find there are several more usable zones at the 3.5* and 4* levels.

Also, look at zones 11 and 12. One is for the Space Needle and the other is for Pike Place. They do overlap on the map as shown, but if you use the slider bar on the left and enlarge that area you will see they actually are completely separate. You can keep enlarging on down until you see street names if you need to be that specific.

You don't use the map to see star levels in a zone, but rather it is determined by clicking in the box by the specific zone.

Romelle

I'm just a member, but post back with date and budget info if you want specific bidding advice. One of the experts here will provide it.

And by all means, please click through the PRICELINE link above to bid and report your results to help other bidders.

To further add to Romelle's comments above, i think you're using the "retail" listings on PRICELINE to determine your re-bid zones... you don't want to do that.

You want to use the "name your own price" bidding side of things, then as per above, click the first zone and note the highest star rating available in each, then UNCHECK that zone, select the next zone and note the highest star rating offered, etc, etc. Continue thru the list of zones noting the highest star rating in each, making sure that each time you check the star rating that only one zone is selected. This is further explained in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you're still confused in this regard just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

In terms of bidding, what are the date(s) of your stay and your maximum bid? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]