Priceline Hotel: Shall I bid or take the existing deal

ricken
By ricken,
in

Hi,

I am planning my first trip to SF over the labor day weekend (Sep 4- Sep 6) and have difficulty choosing the hotel. I realzed that the most winning bid in good area is around $100-$110, such as Parc 55. I prefer to stay at Union Square but there are lots of areas (USE, USW,...) on Priceline.com.

Today, I found a deal which I believe is very attractive. It is Flight (LAX to SFO) plus 2 night stay at Hyatt Regancy (Financial District), total cost is around $440 including tax and fee for 2 people. Therefore, I feel hesitated to bid the hotel since Price seems reasonable. However, I still would like to hear the expert opinion from you guys.

Thank you for your time reading my post.

RL

I'm not an expert but it sounds a decent deal.

If you break up the price:

Air fare (on sale @ VA $90/rt/pp): $180 for 2pp

Then the hotel cost is ~ $130/night ( tax included) ==> $115/night pre-tax. Is it about in the same range you try to bid ? If it is then the package deal saves you the stress/excitement from bidding. :>)

Based on my previous experience, hotels in Financial district have lower price on the Labor weekend since most bank/financial business close during the 3-day weekend thus lower demand.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Oahu thread with whatever you ended up doing for the Waikiki leg of your stay... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread, we'll comment on the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Today, I found a deal which I believe is very attractive. It is Flight (LAX to SFO) plus 2 night stay at Hyatt Regancy (Financial District), total cost is around $440 including tax and fee for 2 people. Therefore, I feel hesitated to bid the hotel since Price seems reasonable. However, I still would like to hear the expert opinion from you guys.

Would you mind sharing with us what website you're seeing the flight/hotel pacakge for $440 at the Hyatt Regency Financial District? Priceline's vacation package for these dates is quoting $600 (for two) and Expedia's quoting $658. Thanks!

The website is lastminutetravel.com,which I found it recently.

Thanks, and I was able to locate the package rate you mentioned earlier.

As Kayla posted earlier, the $440 for two package rate you're seeing translates to an approximate $115 per night (pre-tax) bid rate on Priceline. You may want to try some bids lower than $115 and see what happens before you buy the package deal. If you're unsuccessful bidding up to $115, then perhaps the package is the way to go since I assume you need air fare anyway?

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]