Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) W Fort Lauderdale

grego
By grego,
in

We successfully bid on a 4* hotel near Port Everglades for the date above. The technique used was to go after the Downtown area first hoping to get the Renaissance again this year.

We started at just this area - 4*- at $80 because we got the Renaissance last winter for that amount using Priceline. This didn't work so we added the Beach area at $85 and that didn't work. Next was to add Coral Gables knowing there wasn't a 4* there and upped the amount to $90 and was successful.

We got the W Fort Lauderdale and here are the totals including cancellation insurance.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $90.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Travel Insurance: $5.00 (USD)

Room Subtotal: $95.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.61 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $113.61 (USD)

These rooms go for over $300 booking online or about $109 using Hotwire (we think) so we got a real good deal. The W must have problems filling rooms to get this kind of a price.

I'll post the success on the calendar and we did go through the link above to get to PRICELINE.

• 3 months later...

Not sure that this question was answered here or anywhere else but I need an answer to this question.....

We have successfully bid on and received a win thru this site on PRICELINE for a room in Ft. Lauderdale at the W prior to our ship leaving for a New Year's cruise this year. We now find ourselves with an opportunity to get down to FL a day earlier and need to see if we can get the same rate at the W for an extra night prior to our bid successful night. Is there a way to make that happen? If so, how do we do that?

You can check your winning bid confirmation page for a link to "add a nite" to your stay. If you attempt PRICELINE will either respond with:

-accepting your add a nite and will automatically charge your credit card

-tell you that no rooms are available

-offer you a room at the same property at a higher rate then your previous reservation

If you need further assistance with this please post as a reply to your priceline winning bid thread and/or start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can check your winning bid confirmation page for a link to "add a nite" to your stay. If you attempt PRICELINE will either respond with:

-accepting your add a nite and will automatically charge your credit card

-tell you that no rooms are available

-offer you a room at the same property at a higher rate then your previous reservation

If you need further assistance with this please post as a reply to your priceline winning bid thread and/or start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Thanks for the response. I went to the site and saw that they offer to "extend your stay", but before I try that do you know if this works for attempting to add day(s) before the confirmation date? Our situation is to add the day before our reservation date.

Thanks for the response. I went to the site and saw that they offer to "extend your stay", but before I try that do you know if this works for attempting to add day(s) before the confirmation date? Our situation is to add the day before our reservation date.

When you click add days it will not automatically do it, it will ask you which days you want to add. I have had it accept or turn down additional days.

You can add nights to either end of your original reservation, but not both. PRICELINE's FAQ has all the details; use "Search by Topic" for Hotel Rooms and enter "add nights" as your search topic.

OK, I navigated to the the right page on Priceline and entered in the date for the day before our reservation date and the response was that they would not be able to accept my request. It wouldn't let me try again a couple of days later either (just seeing if something might have opened up).

My option was to add the second day for $240 for that night on top of the $90 I have for the bidding night. I did pay up front for the insurance. I have since found another hotel close by that had space for the two nights for about $89 a night. Granted it's not a 4 Star but it's a hotel for the two nights instead of keeping the original reservation at the W and finding another hotel and schlepping in between.

My question is, with insurance is it possible to cancel the Priceline reservation and then pick up the other hotel for the two nights using their "chopped" price? Will they let me do this or am I stuck with the first one. I have read through the insurance page and it doesn't look promising.....

OK, I navigated to the the right page on Priceline and entered in the date for the day before our reservation date and the response was that they would not be able to accept my request. It wouldn't let me try again a couple of days later either (just seeing if something might have opened up).

My option was to add the second day for $240 for that night on top of the $90 I have for the bidding night. I did pay up front for the insurance. I have since found another hotel close by that had space for the two nights for about $89 a night. Granted it's not a 4 Star but it's a hotel for the two nights instead of keeping the original reservation at the W and finding another hotel and schlepping in between.

My question is, with insurance is it possible to cancel the Priceline reservation and then pick up the other hotel for the two nights using their "chopped" price? Will they let me do this or am I stuck with the first one. I have read through the insurance page and it doesn't look promising.....

Just to confirm, did you in fact add the second night for $240? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post that purchase as a separate thread.

Insurance does not allow one to cancel to switch to a different hotel/deal.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]